Spring 2017 Seminar: The Effective Auditor: Understanding and Applying Emotional Intelligence
Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 8:30 AM - Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 5:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
We are happy to announce the topics for the 2017 2-day joint training seminar.
We hope you can join us to contribute your perspectives to help make this training a success. Meals and 16 CPE hours will be provided for each attendee.
Cost for the Training will be $590/per person for the 2 days (meals included)
Understanding and Applying Emotional Intelligence
Have you ever encountered a “difficult person” while engaged in an audit? Do you wonder why your communications get through to some people but others seem to have heard a different message? Have you conducted audits with people from different cultures?
Auditors need specific technical skills to be successful in their jobs, but that’s only half the picture. They need to be able to deal with all kinds of people, too.
Research indicates approximately one-third of the difference between top and average performance is due to technical skill and cognitive ability. The remaining two-thirds is attributed to emotional competence.
In this course, participants will learn to improve their effectiveness with others by enhancing their emotional intelligence. Experiential activities will serve to strengthen the ability to:
- Identify the communication style of others and tailor communications to their preferences.
- Ask open-ended questions and improve listening skills to uncover information needed to conduct effective audits.
- Use empathy and emotional intelligence to build engagement within one’s team and with clients.
- Respond appropriately to emotionally charged situations.
- Respect the norms and social customs of different cultures.
- Identify opportunities and challenges of a multi-generational workplace.
Save This Event
When & Where
The Institute of Internal Auditors San Jose Chapter