Spring 2017 New Student Orientation - Daley College
As a new student, we want to do all we can to help get you started on your path to success.
New Student Orientation provides an introduction to Daley College and its academic programs, policies, graduation requirements, student support services and student clubs, groups, and organizations. During the session, students will also discuss their educational and career goals, meet other new students and register for courses.
Prior to attending New Student Orientation:
- Complete the online admission application
- Retrieve your Student ID number after submitting your application, and bring it with you to Orientation
- Complete activities in your New Student Portal, including online placement
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using Daley College’s school code: 001649
Please bring with you:
- A valid piece of identifcation to verify your residency
- Earbuds for navigation of the New Student Portal
Plan to arrive 5-10 minutes prior to the start of Orientation for check-in in room 2407. Sessions begin promptly, and late arrivals are not permitted. Also, please note that children are not allowed in New Student Orientation or Testing.
Determine if you need to attend an Orientation
- Presentations can be waived for students transferring in more than 15 college credits from an accredited college/university; official college transcripts must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office
Determine if you need to take the CCC Placement Exam
- Students with a “C” or better in college level English and Math may be exempt from the placement exam; official transcripts must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office
Students with ACT scores less than 4 years and with a score of 21 English; 21 Math; or higher will be exempt from the placement exam; proof of official ACT scores must be submitted to the Welcome Center.