San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Each semester, the Office of Student & Community Relations hosts a meet-and-greet for area families in need of responsible babysitters and UVM students interested in a babysitting job. Want to know when the next Babysitter Mingler registration is open? Sign up here!
There will be coat racks and stroller parking available - we recommend not bringing valuables as these areas will NOT be monitored.
Students arrive at 10:00 am
Families arrive at 10:30 am
Students: Only currently enrolled UVM students (Spring 2016) are eligible to attend the event as prospective babysitters. A Student Contact & Work Experience Form will be emailed to you the Friday before the event; be prepared to bring at least 20 copies of this form.
- Car: Directions to the Davis Center and parking is available on the Davis Center website. There is a fee for parking on Saturdays; accessible parking is available in the Davis Center Oval and behind Morrill Hall.
- Bicycle: There are bicycle racks available outside the 1st (Bailey/Howe Library), 2nd (Green Roof), and 3rd (Davis Center Oval) floor entrances to the Davis Center.
- Bus: Several CCTA routes stop at or near the Davis Center:
- Route 1/1E (Williston/Williston-Essex): University Heights - corner of Main Street at University Heights, across the street from the Davis Center
- Route 2 (Essex Junction): Fletcher Allen Health Care - Main Entrance; about an 8-10 minute walk to the Davis Center
- Route 8 (City Loop): Waterman Building - South Prospect Street; about a 5-minute walk across the UVM Green toward Royall Tyler Theater and the Davis Center
- Route 11 (College Street Shuttle): Waterman Building - South Prospect Street; about a 5-minute walk across the UVM Green toward Royall Tyler Theater and the Davis Center
As UVM affiliates, we cannot take on the role of holding, exchanging, or advertising the particular babysitting needs of parents in the community, or the particular babysitting availability and/or qualifications of our students. We can host Babysitter Minglers where we bring students and parents together so that they can meet face to face and exchange information if they so choose. We do recommend that parents check references of the students who attended the Babysitter Mingler and use whatever screening process they would normally use when hiring a sitter.
When & Where
Office of Student & Community Relations
The Office of Student and Community Relations (OSCR) at the University of Vermont (UVM) is committed to creating a safe and socially just environment for off-campus students and neighbors. To do this we provide resources and education to our students so that they have successful experiences transitioning to and living off campus and we work with students, neighbors, and city partners on creative initiatives to improve the quality-of-life in our shared community.
You can contact us for the following:
- Resources for Your Off-Campus Housing Search
- Accessing Off-Campus Living Resources
- Getting Involved in Your Community
- Becoming an Student or Neighbor Liaison & Accessing Grant Money for Neighborhood Projects
- Addressing Landlord/Tenant Concerns
- Resolving Conflict with Roommates and Neighbors
- Responding to Off-Campus Bias
- Understanding City Ordinances
We strive for everyone to be able to participate in our events - please let us know how we can make our events more accessible to you!