San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
SPECIAL THANKS TO COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
When & Where
UCSF Partners in Care
UCSF Partners in Care is the historic medical auxiliary serving all campuses of UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital. We help provide comfort and support to patients and their families when they need it most.
Each year, UCSF Partners in Care funds 15 - 25 different programs developed and administered by doctors, nurses and hospital staff at our four campuses: Parnassus, Mt. Zion, Mission Bay, and Oakland, and numerous clinics. The following examples illustrate the diversity of populations and needs we serve:
● Developmental Toys for infant stimulation and recovery;
● Isolation Materials for bone marrow transplant patients;
● Coping Kits to distract and relax pediatric patients during painful procedures;
● Sweatsuits and shoes for ER patients whose clothing is destroyed, who may be homeless, or who may be inadequately dressed for discharge;
● Corsages and Boutonnieres for the Pediatric Prom;
● Music is Good Medicine to calm, sooth, or promote spiritual healing.
This is true community service with immediate and on-going impact.
Soirée is the primary, annual fundraising event for UCSF Partners in Care. Net proceeds from Soirée will fund the following year’s programs.