Actions and Detail Panel
Spinning Spokes Feeding Folks
Sun, June 11, 2017, 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM CDT
Join us for our 2nd Annual bicycle event to support Meals on Wheels. Together with the Trek Bicycle Store in Schererville, we have put together a fun, family day of bike riding.
NEW THIS YEAR! Choose a 40-mile, 25-mile, or 15-mile ride with your ticket purchase.
The 40-mile and 25-mile rides begin at 8:00 a.m.
The 15-mile ride begins at 9:00 a.m.
Snacks and refreshments provided before, during, and after the ride(s).
***Important Waiver Information***
You will be asked to sign a waiver upon arrival.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY - THIS AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS
In exchange for participation in this biking event organized by Meals on Wheels of Northwest Indiana in partnership with Trek Bicycle Store of 651 E US 30, Schererville, IN ("Trek Store) and use of the property, facilities and services of the Trek Store and Towns of Schererville, IN, I agree for myself and (if applicable) for the members of my family to the following:
1. I agree to observe and obey all posted rules, warning and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by the Trek Store, Trek Joyriders or the employees, representatives (Ride Leaders, Coach and Mentors), or agents of Trek Store and Trek Joyriders. This includes, but is not limited to wearing a helmet anytime while riding a bicycle, having functioning front and rear lights mounted on my bicycle, and obeying all inherent and posted rules of the road and/or bicycle path.
2. I recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with the above described activity and I assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself and (if applicable) my family members, and further release and discharge Meals on Wheels, Trek Store and Trek Joyriders, for injury, loss, or damage arising out of my or my family's use of, or presence upon, the facilities of Trek Store, whether caused by the fault of myself, my family, Trek Store or any other third party.
3. I agree to indemnify and defend Meals on Wheels, Trek Store and Trek Joyriders against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may, in any way, arise from my, or my family's, use of or presence upon the facilities of Trek Store or taking part in Trek Joyriders.
4. I agree to pay for all damages to the facilities of Trek Store and/or Town of Schererville caused my, or my family's, negligent, reckless and/or willful actions.
5. Children under the age of 16 need to be accompanied by an adult.
6. I agree to release my rights to any photographs, videos and/or comments made by myself, or my family, occurring during my participation in the above described activity. The use of these photographs, videos and/or comments is open to the discretion of Meals on Wheels, Trek Store, and Trek Joyriders.
7. I release all towns, cities, and/or townships and all of their departments affiliated with this event, including, but no limited to: Schererville, IN; Merrillville, IN; Griffith, IN; Hobart, IN; Crown Point, IN; and Chesterton, IN.
8. The terms and conditions found in this waiver will also be applied to any and all registrants that I included in my registration.
9. Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above shall be resolved under Indiana law.