San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Spinal Cord Injury Symposium has been designed to meet the needs of a broad spectrum of healthcare professionals involved in the care of patients with spinal cord inury. It will provide an educational opportunity to increase their knowledge base as they provide treatment for those clients with a spinal cord injury and their families. We hope you’ll join us for an exciting and informative day!
This symposium has been designed to provide an educational opportunity for healthcare professionals providing treatment for clients with a spinal cord injury and their families.
- Identify challenges of the acute management of the polytrauma patient with spinal injury.
- Identify ways to minimize medical complications in the acute setting.
- State causes of skin breakdown and prevention techniques to prevent further damage.
- Describe basic plannning and initiation of bowel and bladder programs.
- Identify the role of the physiatrist as part of the rehab team caring for SCI patients.
- Describe basic progression for transfers, balance, wheelchair mobility, and standing.
- Describe appropriate client centered recommendations for a custom seating and positioning system based upon the functional level of the client.
- Identify how to incorporate technology into home modifications.
- Identify importance of recreation and leisure to enhance overal quality of life.
Registration Fee $50.00 includes: Continuing education hours, access to program materials, continental breakfast and lunch.
You may receive a full refund if requested on or before September 13, 2013. No refunds will be issued after September 13, 2013
For additional information, please go to www.alegentcreighton.com click on Class & Events in the upper right-hand corner of the page, then click Continuing Education on the left.
You may also call or email: