San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Call for speakers-Business Authors and Writers Conference Nov. 8th and 9th in SF at Fort Mason Center
A few of you have asked if I would create a conference for those of us who write business content to connect with publishers, agents, publicists and others in the business literary community. And so I’ve decided to launch my third conference of the year for just that purpose. The conference will have several purposes.
- To give writers /speakers of business content a platform to teach what they know
- To connect writers to publicists, agents, publishers and other business writers from around the globe
- To give speakers a way to build their e-mail lists and close new clients
- To share ideas and resources with the literary community from around the globe
- To book additional speaking engagements with meeting planners from around the globe
This conference defines business writers and authors as any writer who writes content targeted toward and about the business community. And while the conference is open to all writers in all genres, we are focusing this conference on business topics and content. My goal is to bring together speakers and writers to educate one another on the ins and outs of creating, selling and promotion of great content. Everything from how to find a publicist or an agent to writing content that sells to traditional vs self-publishing topics to how to use your book to land speaking gigs and generate sales.
Early Bird Registration
Speakers on this e-mail are the first to know about this conference and so you get first crack a registering early before I issue a call for speakers thru my network and speaker groups. Remember spaces for the Women’s Conference Filled up very quickly and I expect this talk will as well. Details are as follows:
Speakers are responsible for their own travel, food and accommodations.
We expect to have at least 24 speakers over the 2 day conference (more if we get an overwhelming response which we expect to).
Each speaker is expected to help promote the event on social media and thru e-mail blasts. Posting on social media is great but is not as effective as e-mailing directly. This is to insure that each speaker is connecting with prospects they want to do business with (only you know who your target audience is so be sure to reach out accordingly).
Speakers will be booked on a first come first serve basis. Just register and you’re done. Speakers I’m currently representing thru my booking service will have first right of refusal and then speakers I’ve worked with in the past and finally the general speaking community. I will be reaching out to the speaking community after July 15th so if you’re interested, don’t delay.
We will contact speakers at least twice a month with updates (i.e. scheduled time to speak etc.)
Each speaker will have 30 min to speak
Each speaker can make an offer at the end of the presentation
We encourage each speaker to sell by educating the audience. Attendees get turned off when they feel they’re hearing a sales pitch.
We recommend that you refrain from using a Powerpoint presentation and simply focus on content. Please note: You can use Powerpoint but we ask that you bring your own equipment and set up in the back of the room before your presentation. This way, you’re not using up your time setting up. If you need to use Powerpoint we highly recommend that you let us know ASAP so that we can schedule you for an afternoon session rather than a morning session. That way you can set up during the 1 hour lunch break. Please e-mail Tony Wilkins at email@example.com .
If you would like a table at the event, you can lease one for $60 per day
Speaker registration for the conference is $80 until July 15th and $150 after the 15th until Aug. 1st Please note: We expect these spots to go very quickly so be sure to register soon (We’ve already had 10 speakers express interest so far).In other words, sending an e-mail telling me you’re interested is not a guarantee of a slot. Current clients will be booked first and then general public speakers (speakers I don’t rep currently). So again until you register it's not a guarantee. The final date to register is Aug. 1 Again we expect these spots to go quickly so don’t delay.
12. Your topic should be applicable to both writers and business so please make sure to tailor your topic so that it’s applicable to the audience. Please be sure to submit a brief topic description, your title of expertise (i.e. business development strategist) and a picture for the flier by Aug. 1st. We will send everyone a copy of the flier when it’s done however we will not make changes after it’s completed. So whatever you send will be what is listed. Please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Aug.1st.
13. Each speaker may invite up to 5 people to attend as your guest to ensure that everyone has a decent number of attendees for their presentation. We expect to have at least 200 attendees at the 2 day conference.
14. Speakers can make an offer at this event so be sure to come up with some creative offers that attendees can say yes to.
15. Speakers will receive a copy of the attendee list.
16. Everyone will be sent a link to forward to their contact list
17. Since the panel discussion went so well at the Empowerment Conference we’re going to have both a panel discussion and time to network at the event on Day 2.
18. We are inviting business professionals from larger corporations for speakers looking to get in front of a larger more corporate audience. Meeting planners will also receive an invitation.
19. We will also be inviting top PR reps and members of the press to cover the conference and conduct interviews with writers of interest
Here's your chance to influence business writers with your knowledge and expertise!!
Thanks again and I’ll be sending everyone updates, changes etc., as they happen. Want some tips for making money at your next speaking event? Be sure to get a copy of my new book The Career Whisperer: Behind the Podium-A step by step guide for making money as a speaker available at http://tinyurl.com/h69d2nn . And be sure to pick up a copy of Podium Magazine’s Directory of events to land more speaking opportunities at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/podium-magazines-big-book-of-professional-coaches-consultantsspeakersmeeting-planners-media-tickets-15821944863
Annie Jennings PR
Speakers can partner with small businesses to create a 6 figure speaking career.
Looking for more media appearances? Check out www.theaskbonbonshow.com/mediakit
Tony Wilkins is one of the premiere authorities on connecting people of influence to one another. His popular Internet radio show, Small Business Forum Radio www.blogtalkradio.com/tonywilkins reaches over 200,000 business owners globally and is one of the top business shows on the network. His workshops not only educate business leaders on a better way to connect, but offers valuable and available resources for building powerful business connections. He is a master networker whose global connections span multiple industries including film, media, art, literary, political, small business, start-ups and culinary; with ties to organizations like the Small Business Administration, Public Speakers Association, NAWBO, BNI, various business chambers, San Francisco City Hall and the Golden Gate Business Association. Tony is the author of several books including the best-selling Telemarketing Success for small and mid-sized Firms, The Single Person’s Cookbook (www.amazon.com) and Surviving the economy. His new book, The Career Whisperer: Behind the Podium is a step by step guide for anyone looking to launch a career as a public speaker or for sales professionals looking for a better way to reach more prospects faster and easier. Mr. Wilkins is also the publisher of Small Business Forum Magazine, Foodie Quarterly, and Podium Magazine and speaker’s directory. In addition, he has launched a very successful booking service for authors and speakers and is the creator of the annual Small Business Empowerment Conference, Business Writers and Authors Conference and the Women of Influence Summit.