Spark members manage our investments, identify grantees, secure service donations, and evaluate outcomes. During some Investment Committee meetings, members vote on which groups receive support, in others we focus on educational components in regards to women's rights and global philanthropy. The meetings are open to everyone and current Spark members can participate in voting. Learn more about our grant criteria on our website.
The first half hour of the committee meeting is open space for mingling and meeting others within the Spark network. Additionally, staff and board members are more than happy to tell you more about Spark, our grantees, and membership over email, a call or coffee. Email us to learn more at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also learn more about the benefits of membership here.
- : First timer gathering on the couches
: Grant Impact Committee Update: Introductions & Ice Breaker
- : AnnieCannons
- Jessica Hubley and Laura Hackney, Co-Founders
- "Annie Cannons is dedicated to training [human trafficking] survivors in one of today’s most lucrative skills: computer programming. During and after training, students start earning income by working on client projects in a safe, supportive, and nondiscriminatory environment."
- Willpowered Women :
- Caitlin D'Aprano, CEO and Founder
- "Willpowered Woman works with, supports and creates community for 18-34 year old women without children, who are being abused or have been abused. Willpowered Woman hopes to be one stop shop for 18-34 year old women without children who are being abused or have been abused, where they are able to get all aspects of their lives together through the services we offer."
- Get Magic Corporation :
- Sonu Dugia, Chief Financial Officer
- "MAGIC (More Active Girls In Computing) attempts to address the shortage of women in technology by mentoring middle school girls in computer science.. MAGIC believe that we need to start with middle school girls, and foster in them a positive attitude towards computing, since the high school level might be too late."
- : Banteay Srei
- Rhummanee Hang, Community Health Specialist
- "Banteay Srei is a safe space for young Southeast Asian women, that promotes sex positive education, community building activities and leadership development to foster cultural pride, and self-determination for women at-risk of or engaged in sexual exploitation. Banteay Srei provides social, peer and intergenerational support, healing arts, reproductive health education, life skills-building and leadership development."
: Re-Group for comments & questions
: Announcements & Plus/Delta: Quick group discussion
When & Where
*Spark is a 501(c)(3) organization and all ticket purchases are tax deductible.