"It's a great opportunity to learn about yourself and your style as a leader - and best of all, learn to differentiate the difference between being a leader and being a manager."
-Participant, October 2014
"This retreat is beyond skill building. It demands you get out of your comfort zone and fully try on new ideas and perspectives. And the joy and camaraderie of networking with other folks is immeasurable."
-Participant, October 2014
A management and leadership training designed for coordinator to director level professionals in the out-of-school time field with an aspiration for advanced leadership. Using a multicultural leadership framework, this 3-day Leadership Intensive will strengthen the capacity of participants to effectively lead their staff and organizations by exploring:
- Strength-Based Leadership
- Personal Reflection
Registration includes: meals and materials throughout the retreat, StrengthsFinder assessment code and eBook, binder of handout/resources and access to electronic binder after the retreat.
Registration Deadline is Monday, March 6.
To fully benefit from the Leadership intensive, we ask that you participate in the entire program.
Participants commit to:
- Fully participate in the Leadership Intensive Retreat.
- Contribute toward to safe and trusting leaning environment for yourself and your peers by respecting and honoring the need for confidentiality and differences of opinion, learning style, ethnicity, gender, age, etc.
- Provide feedback and assessment at the end of the program.
- Permit CalSAC to use your photograph, candid photos, and quotes regarding your experiences and participation on the CalSAC website.
Lodging is not provided. The list below has a number of hotels very near the LIR location:
- Visalia Marriott – Convention Center
- Fairfield Inn Visalia Sequoia
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Visalia/Sequoia Gateway
- Comfort Suites Visalia Convention Center
- Hampton Inn Visalia
ACTION REQUIRED BEFORE INSTITUTE
To fully prepare for the institute, we ask that you complete the following:
- Submit a 1-2 paragraph bio and headshot to me at email@example.com by March 6, 2017 (see facilitator samples here).
- Complete StrengthsFinder 2.0 Assessment and review report generated after completing assessment (bring hard/electronic copy to Institute). A link to complete the assessment will be emailed to you at least 2 weeks before the event.
- Read Chapter 1 of the report: Ready to Lead? Next Generation Leaders Speak Out
- Bring copy of current job description (hard or electronic)
Additional items to bring:
- Writing implement
- Notebook/note-taking materials
- Water bottle
For additional information, please contact Charnelle Ruff at (510) 444-4622 x 105 or Aleah Rosario at (510) 444-4622 x102.