Join DCoy Volleyball on May 07th, 2017 for our 1st annual South Side Rumble Grass Volleyball Tournament! Held at Park 540. This event will serve to open the Chicago Grass Volleyball Season in grand style. The South Side Rumble will feature a 4s COED Grass Volleyball Tournament during the day and players party at night! Prizes include outdoor recreation necessities, gift cards, future tournament entries & more! Your entry fee includes tournament play & an after party at Baderbrau. Everyone loves playing grass volleyball with the music blasting & the beer flowing...and that is what the South Side Rumble is all about! You won't want to miss out on this event, so REGISTER TODAY!
*The EARLY BIRD DEADLINE expires April 23rd, 2017!
Prices on or before April 23rd, 2017:
4's CoEd Volleyball = $120 (incl 12 beer tickets)
Prices after April 23rd, 2017:
4's CoEd Volleyball = $160 (incl 12 beer tickets)
- Four player teams must have at least two female players
- Teams not able to field a "full" team, or minimum number, may play with the consent of the opposing captain
- Only players listed on your roster can play
STARTING GAMES AND SCORING
- A team earns service possession for the start of the first game by winning a coin toss or a Rock/Paper/Scissors. The teams will then alternate service every other game.
- Teams will play the first 2 games to 21 with a cap at 25 (Rally Score). The 3rd game will be played to 15 with a cap of 17 (Rally Score).
- Serves that hit the net and go over the net to the opponent's side will be "live" and are good serves provided the opposing team plays them or they land in bounds.
SERVICE AND ROTATION
- 4's team members do not need to rotate position on the court. They do have to rotate service.
- Players can receive a serve by:
- Bump pass
- Clasping their hands together
- A closed fist