San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Holiday Food Swap!
Date: Saturday December 3rd, 2016
Time: 3:00pm - 4:30pm
Location: Egg Harbor Township Library Meeting Room
1 Swift Rd. Egg Harbor Township, NJ
3:00 - 3:30pm - Arrive, check-in, grab your name tag, and set-up your items/swap sheet(s).
3:30 - 4:15pm - Scope out all the other goods, SAMPLE!, and make your offers for the items you want to swap. Take note of the items you really want and who they belong to (this will come in handy later!). Meet some new friends!
4:15 - 4:20pm - An annoucement will be made to return to your items and take about 5 minutes to review your swap sheets. Decide which swaps you want to do and come up with your gameplan.
< < < < < < < Please do not make any swaps until an announcement is made! > > > > > > > >
4:20 - 4:30pm - Lauren, the organizer, will annouce "SWAP TIME". Find the people/goods you want and swap! (This usually only takes a few minutes once the action starts!)
4:30pm - Pack up, clean up and chit chat. If you have any items left over, see who may want to do an impromptu swap!
\/ \/ \/ THIS IS IMPORTANT STUFF DOWN HERE, PLEASE READ :) \/ \/ \/
How to Participate: Everyone must register for a ticket here. Registration is free. Space will be limited at this event. If you cannot attend after registering, contact us and we will give your spot to someone on the waiting list. All items must be homemade, homegrown or foraged. You can bring all the same item or several different items.
For additional tips on attending, please visit http://www.foodswapnetwork.com/how-to-attend/faq/ and http://www.foodswapnetwork.com/how-to-attend/ You can also look at past events photos on our Facebook page for tip and ideas.
Swapping Ideas: baked goods, granola, farm fresh eggs, backyard fruit/veggies, infusions, extracts, breads, sauces, dressings, jams, canned items, pickles, herbs, spices, home brews, honey, pizza dough, etc! You can also do kitchen-made non-edibles such as lotions, balms, and cleaners.
Some Rules & Notes:
- All swaps are 1-for-1, no money is exchanged - PLEASE ABIDE BY THIS RULE!!
- Package your items so that the quantity is clear and items can be inspected/handled (samples are encouraged)
- All canned items being swapped must be from the 2016 season.
- INCLUDE INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR ITEM! Does it have to be fridgerated? Is it shelf-stable? What's the best way to enjoy it? It's also nice to know who made the item in case you have questions later (Put your name on it).
About the Venue:
- We will be at EHT Branch of the Atlantic County Library System in the Meeting Room. Tables will be provided
- Parking lot available.
- Guests are welcome!
Legal Stuff: By registering and participating in the swap you agree to the following:
• You are acknowledging that the food items being shared are not necessarily prepared in commercial kitchens or spaces inspected by any government agency.
• You are also acknowledging that you will use the highest standards of safety and cleanliness in food preparation.
• You assume all liability; specifically, you agree to not hold liable food swap hosts, swap venue owners/providers, or other swap participants.
About: South Jersey Swappers was started in early 2012 after organizer Lauren read an article about food swapping. Who knew it was so popular? When she went looking for one in New Jersey, there weren’t any, so she started one! We are the Garden State, after all.
See you there!
- The South Jersey Swappers
Check us out on Facebook after the event for pictures: https://www.facebook.com/SouthJerseySwappers
SJS thanks the following businesses, food organizations, bloggers
and other swappers for their support and inspiration!
Eating in South Jersey
South Jersey Locavore
Slow Food South Jersey Shore
Food Swap Network
The Daily Journal Newspaper
South Jersey Magazine
One Flew Over Farm
Casciano Coffee Bar & Sweetery
When & Where
South Jersey Swappers
A food swapping group in South Jersey @ http://southjerseyswappers.blogspot.com
We are looking to create a more local, food-based community. Join us as we exchange homemade, homegrown, or foraged items. We hope this can be a monthly event. Can't make this swap? Sign up for email updates on our website.