Join South Jersey Swappers for our
first official food swap!
Date: May 19, 2012
Time: 3-5 PM
Location: The Sweet Life Bakery ~ Vineland, NJ
3:00-3:30 - Check-in, get settled and set-up your items/swap sheet, grab a refreshment courtesy of The Sweet Life Bakery, and make some new friends.
3:30-4:15 - Scope out all the other goods and make your offers for the items you want to swap. Think silent auction.
4:15-5:00 - Look over your swap sheets and decide which swaps you want to do. Find the person and swap!
About: South Jersey Swappers was started in early 2012 after organizer Lauren read an article about food swapping. Who knew it was so popular! When she went looking for one in New Jersey, there weren’t any, so she started one! We are the Garden State, after all.
How to Participate: Everyone must “purchase” a free ticket here. If you cannot attend after registering, contact us and will will give your spot to someone on the waiting list. All items must be homemade, homegrown or foraged. You can bring all the same item or several difference items.
Swapping Ideas: baked goods, granola, farm fresh eggs, backyard fruit/veggies, infusions, extracts, breads, sauces, dressings, jams, canned item, pickles, herbs, spices, home brews, honey, etc!
A Few Notes:
- All swaps are 1-for-1, no money is exchanged
- Package your items so that the quantity is clear and items can be inspected/handled (samples are encouraged)
- All canned items being swapped must be from 2011 season and later
- We like to take pictures. If you don’t want your picture taken, just tell us.
- By registering and participating in the swap you agree to the following:
- You are acknowledging that the food items being shared are not necessarily prepared in commercial kitchens or spaces inspected by any government agency.
- You are also acknowledging that you will use the highest standards of safety and cleanliness in food preparation.
- You assume all liability; specifically, you agree to not hold liable food swap hosts, swap venue owners/providers, or other swap participants.
See you there!
- The South Jersey Swappers
Check us out on Facebook after the event for pictures: https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Jersey-Swappers/374771449224068
SJS thanks the following businesses, food organizations, bloggers
and other swappers for their support and inspiration!
The Sweet Life Bakery
Eating in South Jersey
South Jersey Locavore
Jersey Girl Cooks
Slow Food South Jersey Shore
Food Swap Network
When & Where
South Jersey Swappers
A food swapping group in South Jersey @ http://southjerseyswappers.blogspot.com
We are looking to create a more local, food-based community. Join us as we exchange homemade, homegrown, or foraged items. We hope this can be a monthly event. Can't make this swap? Sign up for email updates on our website.