Ticket sales have ENDED. Please check UncorkedDenver.com and Denver Wine Meetup for our next event on June 14. If you need a ticket for tonights event, please click on the "email the host" function on eventbrite BEFORE 3:30pm. We may have a last minute cancellation.
Do not show up at the door without contacting me first. Since ticket sales have closed down it's "cash" only. Stacey
What: Meet Alan Crawford, VP Epic Wines National Divison. We will be sampling wines from the Nieto-Senetiner and Odfjell Wineries paired with appetizers by Baur's chef.
Alan manages the National Division which is an Importer and National Marketing Company focused on artisan and estate producers around the Globe.
When: Wednesday May 18 at 6:00 PM Please be prompt as we will be serving each wine and appetizer paired followed by dinner for members who stay for dinner.
Where: Baur's Restaurant 1512 Curtis Street, Denver, Colorado (right off the 16th Street Mall)
Crowd: Mostly GenX/Y Young/Mid Professionals but everyone is welcome to attend
Cost: $29.99 includes tax and tip (Wine Party Only)
Dress: Business/Dressy Casual to Business/Dress to Impress
Bonus: It's Jazz night and the live music starts when our event ends
Wines and Food Pairing
• 2015 Bodgeas Nieto-Senetiner Torrontes, Argentina (Reception wine) WW 90 (Reception)
• 2015 Odfjell Sauvignon Blanc, Chile with Halibut Tartar Strawberry, Jalapeno, Wonton Cup
• 2013 Odfjell Armador Cabernet Sauvignon, Chile with Seared Venison Grilled Ramp Relish, Sunchoke Puree Outstanding Vintage! Armador Cabernet Sauvignon 2013: 90 points in Wine Spectator 92 James Suckling
• 2012 Odfjell Orzada Carmenere, Chile with Calamari Chorizo stuffed, Red Pepper Puree
WE 88, 92 James Suckliing
• 2012 Bodegas Nieto-Senetiner Cabernet Sauvignon, ARG (Big and Bold) with Grilled Duck Brioche, Cherry Compote, Duck Liver Mousse Wilford Wong 89, WS 85
• 2014 Bodegas Nieto-Senetiner Malbec 2012 with Braised Short Rib Potato Latke, Apple Chutney, Sour Cream, Horseradish
Profiterole (Vegetarian Appetizer) Nutella, Cambozola Cheese, Black Pepper Gastrique 90 points WS, RP 90
Please note, if you are a vegetarian or have food allergies, please contact the host and we will take care of you!
We are partnering with a Colorado organization called Sense of Security which provides a sense of security from financial hardship and enhance the quality of life for Colorado breast cancer patients in treatment. Sense of Security has served more than 1000 Colorado breast cancer patients while in treatment by providing over $1.6 million towards housing, utilities, groceries, transportation, COBRA or insurance premiums and other basic living expenses over the last 13 years. Sense of Security has served grantees from 48 Colorado counties statewide.
Purchase of a ticket through eventbrite for an UncorkedDenver.com event also constitutes agreement to the following Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability posted on our site:http://www.meetup.com/denverwine/pages/ASSUMPTION_OF_RISK_-_WAIVER_AGREEMENT/
When & Where
Uncorked Denver, Denver Wine Meetup
Uncorked Denver hosts wine and culture “socials” for young professionals in Denver. Uncorked Dever events are for the individual who is looking to socialize over wine and make new friends in the process. Uncorked Denver events will focus on a handful of wines by region, varietals or a seasonal theme paired with food.