Learn the ancient craft of sourdough bread making in this intimate hands-on workshop led by Elora Bread’s head baker Calantha Elsby. You’ll learn every aspect of sourdough bread making, from maintaining a starter culture to proper scoring techniques and recipe development. You’ll learn how to make Elora Bread’s quintessential sourdough loaf (The County) and leave armed with the knowledge to develop your own recipes using different flours. Mid-course snacks will be provided by the kitchen at the Elora Brewing Co.
- Maintaining a starter culture
- The baker’s percentage and recipe development
- Using different flours and how they’ll affect your starter and your dough
- Rolling and shaping
- Baking techniques
What you take away:
- Two loaves of County sourdough bread
- High quality Cambro starter container with healthy sourdough culture
- High quality Cambro dough proofing container
- Dough scraper
- Bench scraper
- Mid-course cheese and charcuterie provided by the Elora Brewing Co.
- Solid sourdough bread making foundations
- Additional: Rattan proofing basket ($30)
Payment / Ordering
Ordering a ticket holds your spot in the workshop for 10 days. To secure your place, please visit or contact Elora Bread to place a 50% deposit or pay for your ticket in full.
519-846-8282 / email@example.com / 73 Metcalfe Street, Elora, ON