Sonoma in the City New York 2017
Sonoma County Vintners, Sonoma County Winegrowers and Sonoma County Tourism are collaborating again to educate influential wine buyers and sommeliers about Sonoma County’s vineyards and wines. Our goal is to build brand awareness for the region and create new Sonoma County ambassadors in key wine consumer markets.
This year's Taste of Sonoma: On Tour program in New York City on June 8th will include a series of Trade and Media Master Class seminars with a break in the middle for a Walkaround Grand Tasting, exclusive for trade. 150 VIP trade and media guests are expected. In addition, the Consumer Grand Tasting will be hosted in the evening for 250-300 wine loving consumers.
Participating wineries will be required to provide a proof of distribution letter from their NY Distributor listing their pouring wines. Or, if not distributed in NY, a special exception letter on winery letterhead will be required. The letter templates will be provided after winery registration closes on April 24th.
SONOMA IN THE CITY NEW YORK - PROGRAM SUMMARY
Thursday, June 8, 2017
THE METROPOLITAN PAVILION 125 W 18th St, New York, NY 10011
10:00 AM - 12:30 PM: Trade & Media VIP Master Classes (150 guests)
12:30 PM - 2:30 PM: Trade & Media Walkabout Grand Tasting (150 guests)
5:30 PM - 6:30 PM: Consumer Master Class (40 guests)
6:30 PM - 9:00 PM: Consumer Admission - Taste of Sonoma: On Tour (250-300 guests)
Please note: This registration form and participation fee is for the Trade and Consumer Tastings (Taste of Sonoma: On Tour) only. The wine selections for the VIP Master Classes will be made by Master Sommelier Evan Goldstein of Full Circle Wine Solutions, Inc. and confirmed at the end of April, following the close of registration.
Wineries can submit wines for consideration for Trade seminars on this registration form.
- A WINEMAKER, OWNER, OR WINERY PRINCIPAL MUST BE PRESENT TO POUR AT THIS EVENT.
- SPACE IS LIMITED, REGISTER TODAY!
- WINERIES MUST BE IN GOOD STANDING WITH THEIR 2017 SCV MEMBERSHIP DUES TO PARTICIPATE.
- ONLY WINES FROM SONOMA COUNTY CAN BE FEATURED.
WINE INFORMATION: WINERIES MAY POUR UP TO 4 WINES; AVA'S MAY POUR A MAXIMUM OF 8 WINES.
Wines will be consolidated for all events. Consolidation will be May 8-10, 2017. Details will be provided in your confirmation letter, which will be sent out following the close of registration.
Please plan to send the following quantity for Walkabout Grand Tastings:
Recommended 18 bottles TOTAL
WALKABOUT TASTING FORMAT: To encourage space for interaction during the tastings, each vintner will pour from a 36” wide round table, with back tables available for storage of wines and materials. 6' AVA Tables will be grouped together to differentiate and call attention to participating AVA Partners.
- Dream Downtown Hotel: 355 W 16th St, New York, NY 10011
- $385 per night plus taxes for Wednesday, June 7 through Friday, June 9
- Book by May 7th to receive preferred rate by clicking here or calling 212-247-2000 and reference Sonoma in the City.
- The Maritime Hotel: 363 W. 16th Street New York, NY 10011
- $340 per night plus taxes for Wednesday, June 7 through Friday, June 9
- Book by May 24th to receive preferred rate by clicking here or calling 212-242-4300 and reference Sonoma in the City.
- Washington Square Hotel: 103 Waverly Pl, New York, NY 10011
- $288 per night plus taxes for Wednesday, June 7 through Friday, June 9
- Book by May 3rd to receive preferred rate by clicking here or calling 212-777-9515 and reference Sonoma in the City.
SONOMA IN THE CITY NEW YORK REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 10PM ON APRIL 26 (OR EARLIER IF CAPACITY IS REACHED).
FOR SONOMA COUNTY ZINFANDEL PRODUCERS – Wednesday, June 7th In addition to this year's Sonoma in the City Program, we have an optional opportunity for Sonoma County Zinfandel producers who would like to participate in a ZAP (Zinfandel Advocates & Producers) tasting experience on Wednesday, June 7th.
ZAP is collaborating with New York Wine Events to present a Zinfandel tasting experience. Events begin with an afternoon Trade Tasting followed by Consumer Tasting.
- Dedicated tasting of California Zinfandels in New York City – Wednesday, June 7 at Union Square Ballroom (27 Union Square West)
- Trade Session: 2:00 – 5:00 PM; Consumer Session: 6:00 – 9:00PM (VIP consumers early access 6:00PM – 7:00PM)
- Early Bird discount for winery registration ends April 14
- Must be a current ZAP member to participate
- To register or for more information: Contact Glenda Cunningham at firstname.lastname@example.org or (530) 274-4906
Save This Event
When & Where
Sonoma County Vintners, Sonoma County Winegrowers & Sonoma County Tourism
Sonoma County Vintners
Sonoma County Vintners (SCV) is the leading voice of Sonoma County wine, dedicated to raising the awareness of Sonoma County as one of the world’s premier wine regions, noted for its heritage of artisan winemaking, distinct growing regions, and extraordinary quality.
Sonoma County Winegrowers
The Sonoma County Winegrape Commission, also known as Sonoma County Winegrowers (SCW), is a marketing and education organization dedicated to the promotion and preservation of Sonoma County as one of the world’s premier grape growing regions. SCW has oversight by California Department of Food and Agriculture which supports producer regions. With more than 1,800 growers, SCW’s goal is to increase awareness and recognition of the quality and diversity of Sonoma County’s grapes and wines through dynamic marketing and educational programs targeted to wine consumers around the world. In January 2014, SCW committed to becoming the nation’s first 100% sustainable winegrowing region by 2019.
Sonoma County Tourism
Sonoma County Tourism (SCT) is the official destination marketing organization for California's Sonoma County. SCT is a private, non-profit marketing and sales organization dedicated to increasing overnight stays in Sonoma County, California. Located 45 minutes from San Francisco, Sonoma County provides a genuine and adventurous wine country experience.