Actions and Detail Panel
Sonoma County Zero Waste Symposium
Thu, May 11, 2017, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM PDT
Zero Waste is a big idea with one goal: to recognized items disposed as a resource and to reduce and eliminate waste.
The Sonoma County Zero Waste Symposium will engage community stakeholders by showcasing zero waste policies, programs and infrastructure that design waste out of the system wherever possible and divert discarded materials through composting, reclaiming, reducing, reusing, and recycling. We can eliminate waste in Sonoma County with the participation of all residents and businesses. Together, it is possible to be a model for the rest of the community and beyond.
The Sonoma County Zero Waste Symposium goal is to:
- Educate the community on zero waste;
- Encourage zero waste as a goal for Sonoma County residents, cities, the county, businesses, institutions, and nonprofits;
- Support zero waste policy goals through action plans that significantly reduce waste and maximize recycling, composting and reuse;
- Support business zero waste certification through the Green Business Certification Institute which is aligned with LEED for Buildings Operations and Maintenance; and
- Provide a networking opportunity with like-minded organizations, businesses, institutions and residents.
TOPICS INCLUDE: Source Reduction Strategies and Examples, Food Waste Prevention, Carbon Life-cycle Benefits through Composting, Commercial and Institutional Organics, Zero Waste Plans and more!
Fell event details - http://zerowastesonoma.org