The Songkran Scavenger Hunt will be an afternoon of fun and childhood water games! The $35 entry fee buys you entry to the scavenger hunt, water balloons, a water gun, a scavenger hunt shirt, 2 drink tickets at the after party, and lots of fun!
1. Rain or shine! The event will happen rain or shine, we plan to get wet so unless the storm of the century blows in we will still be partying.
2. Have fun! Act like a kid (and bring the kids) for an afternoon of fun and water guns.
3. Don't wear white! You will be wet by the end of the scavenger hunt. Wear something waterproof or dark colors. If you bring your phone or camera bring waterproof bags.
4. Keep your eyes open! We will be running around Houston and there are bound to be innocent bystanders. Only shoot the people wearing scavenger hunt shirts.
5. Clean water only! We will provide water balloons and water guns at the check points but you are more than welcome to bring extras. Please fill your extras and refill your water guns with clean water.
What is Songkran? The Songkran festival is the Thai New Year's festival. The word "Songkran" comes from the Sanskrit word saṃkrānti (Devanāgarī: संक्रांति), literally "astrological passage", meaning transformation or change. The term was borrowed from Makar Sankranti, the name of a Hindu harvest festival celebrated in India in January to mark the arrival of spring. It coincides with the rising of Aries on the astrological chart which symbolizes the New Year of many calendars of South and Southeast Asia.
Share with friends