ALL FOUR WEEKS OF OUR SUMMER PROGRAM FOR KIDS IS CURRENTLY SOLD OUT. Please email email@example.com if you would like to be put on the waitlist.
Calling all kids aged 7 - teens! Run away with the circus without actually having to leave home! Moody Street Circus founders Sacha and Melinda Melina Pavlata are hosting and teaching 4 weeks of circus sessions in their Waltham headquarters. Each 1/2 day weekly session costs $350.
Moody Street Circus Class size is always deliberately kept low - to 10 kids per session, to maximize safety and ensure individual attention for all kids to learn circus tricks safely on all the equipment. If your child has trouble following directions or listening to teachers in classes, please don't register them for this program! Safety is paramount in the circus arts and respectfully listening to your teachers is integral to the highest quality experience for all involved. If you have any questions whatsoever, please contact Melinda Pavlata at Moody Street Circus: 781 893 2491
If you are new to our program, we would like you to contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before you register your child so we can find out a little more about them and make sure that 1) the classes are appropriate/a good fit for them and 2) there is room in the week you are choosing.
1/2 DAY CIRCUS ARTS PROGRAM WEEKS
JULY 7-11 :: 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m :: $350 SOLD OUT
JULY 14-18 :: 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. :: $350 SOLD OUT
JULY 21-25 :: 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. :: $350 SOLD OUT
JULY 28 - AUGUST 1 :: 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. :: $350 SOLD OUT
Students in the circus summer program will practice light assisted tumbling, pyramid formation, rola bola balancing, hula hoop, walking on the rolling globe, low wire tightrope walking, juggling, plate spinning and clowning skills, mini trampoline, and regular trampoline. They will also learn the basics in circus aerial arts including cloud swing, static trapeze, web, lyra (aerial hoop), aerial web, aerial hammock and silks.
- We start the day with a warm-up and fun stretching and strengthening exercises.
- We proceed to circus tumbling skills on the tumbling mats, including forward rolls, monkey rolls, wheelbarrows, candlesticks, cartwheels and pyramid formation.
- Throughout each session we introduce some of Sacha Pavlata's multi-generational circus family clowning skits, including Dead Man, Robin Hood the Coin comedy act, the Newspaper and more. KIds can practice their circus theatrics and comedy.
- When time permits we will be screening some great circus acts from our private collection.
- We break into small groups for safe, assisted learning on the aerial equipment.
- Students learn and practice at their own pace.
- Students have practice time on rola bola, rolling globe, low wire, plate spinning, juggling, trampoline.
- We end the day perfecting skills on the mini-trampoline.
- We will provide fresh fruit and bagel with cream cheese snacks daily. Please let us know if your child has any allergies or other medical issues.
Program days will begin at 9 a.m. and end at 12:30 p.m. Students can be dropped off at 8:45 a.m. Campers must be picked up and signed for on time at 12:30 by their parents or care-givers. Parents are allowed to stay and observe the the program and their kids in action at any time - hang out on our comfy futons and watch what your kids are learning from the sidelines.
Attire: Moody Street Circus is a gum-free, street-shoe free zone. We ask that even parents who are dropping off and picking up their children remove their shoes before coming into the studio space. Students will work barefoot, but indoor-use only sneakers and/or acrobatic shoes are suggested for work on unicycle and low wire. Long hair must be worn pulled back in a pony-tail or in braids. No jewelry or zippers on the equipment. We go upside-down on equipment and always follow the SAFETY FIRST! Rule, so: Leotards and shorts or leggings for girls, shorts and shirts that can be well-tucked in for boys. Campers should not be worried about tucking in their shirts when they are upside down, it is very distracting and dangerous when you are learning new tricks to be worried about your clothing.
Waiver forms MUST be completed for each camper or participation in the program will not be allowed.
Call Melinda at 781 893 2491 or email her (melinda [at] cirquepassion [dot] com) with any questions. To secure your child's spot in a session, pay online now. Once you are registered, we will email you waiver forms to fill out and send in for your child. This signed form is required prior to participation in any physical activity at Moody Street Circus studio.
Here's a fun video showing our circus students in action! (cut and paste YouTube link into your browser, or search the Moody Street Circus channel on YouTube!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emBSHF5q1o0
Here are some links to our studio and press about Melinda and Sacha Pavlata:
Melina of Daughters of Rhea / Moody Street Circus