Woohoo! This course has sold out! If you're still keen to BEAM✲, we offer a one day introduction course.
Join Lawrence Corr, author of the bestseller “Agile Data Warehouse Design” for a three-day BEAM✲ workshop and data modelstorming masterclass covering the latest Agile techniques for systematically gathering Business Intelligence (BI) requirements and designing effective DW/BI systems.
Discover how modelstorming (modeling + brainstorming) directly with business stakeholders overcomes the limitations of traditional BI requirements analysis and data modeling to create a shared data language across business and IT.
Over three days of engaging classroom sessions, quizzes, games and team exercises, Lawrence will build on Kimball method, industry-standard dimensional modeling and go beyond the books to provide you with practical tools and techniques for BI data design.
Day 1 – Modelstorming – Agile BI Requirements Gathering
Day 2 – Agile Star Schema Design
Day 3 – Dimensional Design Patterns
- Model BI requirements with BI stakeholders using inclusive tools and visual thinking techniques
- Rapidly translate BI requirements into efficient, flexible data warehouse designs
- Identify and solve common BI problems – before they occur – using dimensional design patterns
- Plan, design and incrementally develop BI solutions with agility
Who is the class for?
· Business and IT professionals who want to develop better BI solutions faster.
· Business analysts, scrum masters, data modelers/architects, DBA’s and application developers, new to DW/BI, will benefit from the solid grounding in dimensional modeling provided.
· Experienced DW/BI practitioners will find the course updates their hard-earned industry knowledge with the latest ideas on agile modeling, data warehouse design patterns and business model innovation.
Can you tell me more about Lawrence Corr?
Lawrence Corr is a DW/BI designer with 25 years experience. In 2000, he was invited by Ralph Kimball to become an associate and teach data warehousing classes for Kimball University in Europe and South Africa during 2000 and 2001. He currently works independently providing agile data consultancy and training worldwide. This is his second time in New Zealand providing the unique opportunity to learn the latest data warehouse design techniques.