This accredited course will provide in-depth training on the equipment commonly found in PV systems, and on utilizing local electrical and building codes in the permitting and inspection processes. The trainings will center on developing permitting and inspection checklists, reviewing photos and schematics of equipment installed correctly and incorrectly, and hands-on practice with PV equipment during training sessions. Some trainings may also include practice problems and discussion of solutions.
Continuing education credits are available:
- 6 in-service training hours from the New York Department of State, Division of Building Standards and Codes (DOS BSC)
- Topic 1 (Code Enforcement and Administration) - 5 hours
- Topic 2 (Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code) - 1 hour
- 3 contact hours/0.3 CEUs from Underwriters Laboratory
- 6 hours from NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners)
If applicable, please bring your NY Training ID # with you to the event in order to sign in correctly for CEUs.
Please bring a copy of the NEC Handbook to course for reference purposes. Additional reference materials and resources available through the PV Trainers Network website (see link):
For questions, please contact Bill Doughman at firstname.lastname@example.org