Love knitting but intimidated by the detail and contour of socks? Learn simple shaping techniques that can be applied to any sock pattern, tricks for reinforcing heavy wear areas, and how to combine the best yarn, pattern and needles to make socks for any season.
- Working in the round on Double Pointed Needles.
- Turning the heel
- Tapering the toe
- Toe-up cast on method
- Reinforcing techniques for heel and sole
- Selecting the best yarn for durability and stretch
- Selecting the best fibre content yarn for your pattern type
- 1 set of Double Pointed Needles in sock gauge
- 1 skein practice sock yarn
- Reference doc with fibre tips and links to youtube demos of various stitch, and cast on techniques
Extra materials available during class:
- Larger Double Pointed needles for practice
- Cable needles for fancier patterns
- Sock patterns to browse