Social Media: Using The Legal Guideposts to Create Social Media Success (for Healthcare/Lifescience Companies)
Wednesday, February 6, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
This social media compliance training for healthcare companies will cover the legal and regulatory requirements governing the use of social media. A scenario-based learning approach will be used to show how to create a successful social media team by selecting members from relevant stakeholders, and prepare social medial policies and procedures.
Why Should You Attend:
We will learn how to create a successful social media initiative through a hypothetical framework as described below:
You have been given the task of putting together the social media campaign for a rapidly growing multinational biotech company. Compliance is worried about FDA and FTC restrictions. The General Counsel, the CFO and the CEO, having seen their kids on Face book, worry that trade secrets and other proprietary information, and legally protected information about patients will leave the company at cyber-speed. The employees have heard that you will be monitoring their Internet use to make sure they comply with policies that won’t let them even check their email while at work, and are very unhappy at what they perceive as an unwarranted invasion of their privacy. Finally, your European counterparts are emailing daily about privacy restrictions in putting patient stories on the new site.
What do you do? Bring all of them aboard! In this workshop, we will discuss how to gain an understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements governing social media to turn doubters into allies and skeptics into enthusiasts by making them part of the initiative, letting their interests be heard so they “own” the social media campaign, and ultimately how to turn the guardrails into road signs and route markers toward success.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- The regulatory and legal (including international) guidelines for social media campaigns, and how to turn them into advantages.
- How to gain a clear perspective on your organization’s interest in social media contacts, and the evolving area of law and regulation on ownership of social medial contact lists.
- Preparation of a blueprint to establish clear lines of internal communications with your pertinent stakeholders and easy-to-follow policies and procedures with metrics for compliance.
- How the team will prepare practicable, user-friendly social media policies and procedures.
- A plan to recruit champions for the social media campaign.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.