Getting Salty In Vancouver
Make Social Media Simple
What: Learn the fundamental elements of a successful online reputation. You will be able to apply each lesson as soon as you learn the concept. Get more out of social media when you understand your online footprint, how evaluate it, and how to evolve!
Nicole Donnelly, founder of BabyLegs and Salty Waffle, will guide you along the way. Nicole has worked with many businesses coaching them to understand, manage, and evolve their online reputation. "Perfection is for procrastinators." She always says, "Get out there and do it, change what's not working, and get more of what is."
The class will run a full day and includes 3 months of online classes with a weekly coaching call aftwerward so we can continue to help with your social media endeavors long after the workshop has come to an end.
Where: None other than the beautiful offices at Meeting Max in Vancouver BC. Check out the map for location details and directions.
When: The class will run from 9am until about 5pm, with a break for lunch of course!
What You Need:
- Laptop (with wifi connectivity)
- A sense of humor
- and...to do the homework below before class.
- You will need to create yourself a member profile on our e-learning platform. To make it easy we will send you invitations to the Salty Waffle learning site once you purchase your ticket to the event. Once you recieve the invite, all you have to do is follow the instructions inside. Please use the email that the invitation was sent to when you set up your profile. Once you have created a profile on the site, we will be able to add you to the online course which will be a supplement to the days curriculum. (Don't pay for anything, we've given you access with the class, just go through the process of making your profile and account.)
- Make sure you have an email account that you can access Google Docs with. You will be receiving an invitation to a Google Document before the class starts. We have created a Dashboard for each of you in a Google Spreadsheet and you will need access to this during the class. Sometimes access to Google Docs can be quirky, so make sure you can get in to it. (Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues and we'll get you set up.
- Next, create a Hootsuite account and add the social networks that you currently own to it. If you have trouble adding profiles (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook), don't worry we can help in class, just make sure to get a Hootsuite account set up. Please set up Hootsuite through this link. http://hootsuite.com/p_5511
- If you are a business or taking the class on behalf of your company and use Google Analytics to track your website's metrics, please give access to the following emails so we can help you through the metrics portion of class. (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com)
- Help us get to know you a little bit better: Write 3 short articles, no longer than 250 words. One on something you are passionate about, one about you, and one that would fit in on the Salty Waffle blog.
When & Where
App + Startup Acceleration Program
Get Help Building Your App
Do you want help making an app on any of the popular platforms, including Apple iOS, Android, Window Mobile 7, RIM, Samsung and upstart FrontRunner.
You will get to work with high level peers (Ninjas) and pros (Senseis) from local startups and companies to kickstart your app venture. You'll work side-by-side with your Sensei and other Ninjas, paired programming-style, to help get your apps in shape!
Win Prizes with APIs!
You and your team can qualify to win cash or prizes by integrating your app with AT&T, HTC, Nokia, Windows Mobile 7, Samsung or FrontRunner.
Earn College/Continuing Ed. Credits
Professional and student app developers, product and project managers, even lawyers can earn college and continuing education credits when they attend the Bootcamp! If you are a member of one of the recognized Product Development Associations, PAC-12 schools, community colleges, bar associations or FrontRunner Labs you may be eligible. Contact us for more information with the subject line: "Education Credits."
The app and innovation curriculum, developed by FrontRunner Labs has been endorsed by companies such as Microsoft, Starbucks and Nordstrom. Presently, the full curriculum is being offered at the University of Washington and at Seattle Central Community College. Other schools and institutions are being added.
In addition to registering for the event, be sure to bring your laptop, a dev phone or tablet (if you have one), and register for AT&T's Developer Program to take advantage of the awesome carrier features that AT&T can offer you and your app.
Contact us (info [at] spinkickapps.com) to learn about how you might be able to team up with SpinKick and its host of sponsors to run an App Development Contest or Bootcamp in your city.
Want to be a Sensei?
Are you considered a subject-matter-expert in web and app development, UI/UX design, APIs, social media and networking, IP law or entrepreneurship? Contact us about the opportunity to serve as a Sensei at one of the SpinKick events in your city! Teach others while you enhance your profile and network with industry leading companies and c-level superstars!
Interested in becoming a sponsor and reaching a growing network of developers, entrepreneurs and professionals? Contact us atinfo(at)spinkickapps.com for more details.