San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
5 Consecutive Saturdays, April 18 - May 16, 9 am – noon
Learn everything you need to know to take control of your social media marketing.
- How to market on the 6 major networks: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn and YouTube (we'll also touch on Instagram and Foursquare).
- How to get search engine optimization (SEO) with content marketing (blogging) and social media.
- Creating strategic and tactical marketing plans.
- How to use the free tools like Feedly, HootSuite and TweetDeck to grow your following and to manage your social media in 30 minutes a day!
You will get strategic and tactical marketing plan templates, links to free resources, WordPress blogging manual, an editorial calendar and a copy of the presentations.
1 - 4/18 - Content Marketing, blogging, SEO, keyword search, target market persona, content curation, goal setting
The Google search engine is looking for fresh, relevant content written for the human reader - that’s content marketing, aka blogging. In this session we’ll cover:
- Blogging platforms - WordPress (free & hosted), Blogger, Tumblr
- What to blog about
- How to blog
- How often to blog
- Video blogs - embedding videos into your blog posts
- Promoting your blog post in social media
- Capturing leads - calls-to-action
- Keyword search
- Defining your target market's persona
- Goal setting
2 - 4/25 - Google+ and YouTube
Google+ is a social network owned by Google. That’s what makes it so powerful in Internet Marketing. When used properly, it can move your website to the first page of Google Search. In this session we’ll cover:
- The Difference between Google+ and Facebook
- The Importance of Google+ for Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- G+ and your website
- Google+ Local for Local Businesses
- Setting up a Business Page
- +1, Sharing and Commenting
- Circles: Connecting with People
- Hangouts: Free Video Conferencing
YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine and it’s owned by Google. Videos are hot! Video can be an inexpensive way to market your business but they can also ruin your online reputation if not done properly. In this session we’ll cover:
- What should you record?
- Do it yourself or hire a pro?
- What makes a video go viral?
- Setting up a YouTube channel
- In-video programming
- Promoting your videos
3 - 5/2 - Facebook and Pinterest
Sure you know how to post of Facebook, but do you know how to properly market your business on Facebook? Is that even your target market? In this session we’ll cover:
- The difference between personal & business pages
- How to set up a business (fan) page
- Posting to your fan page
- Is it that important to get likes?
- Scheduling & automating posts
- Paid advertising - should you do it?
Pinterest is the hottest site for reaching people in the planning stages of everything from weddings to babies to retirement to vacations. With 100+ million users, the majority of them being women with kids, it’s become a powerful tool for businesses helping with search engine optimization (SEO) and building brand awareness. Pinterest users have the second highest buying power of social media users next to LinkedIn. In this session we’ll cover:
- How it works
- What to pin
- How to pin
- Setting up a business account
- Adding geolocation/maps to pins - for local businesses
- Smart Pins - connecting your shopping cart to your pins
- Examples of brands using Pinterest successfully
- The future of Pinterest - "promoted pins"
4 - 5/9 - Twitter and LinkedIn
News no longer breaks it tweets. With Twitter you can communicate with thousands of people in real time. In this session we’ll cover:
- The Power of Twitter
- Setting up an Account and Profile
- Growing a Following
- The Twitter Culture
- Customer Service
- Give to Get
LinkedIn is the Facebook for Professionals and it's not just an online resume! With over 313 million members in over 200 countries in 20 languages. It’s your virtual Rolodex! Are you using this free tool properly? In this session we’ll cover:
- Getting around LinkedIn
- Building your profile and getting it 100% completed
- Setting up a company page
- Connecting with your contacts & their contacts
- Recommendations vs endorsements
- Joining & participating in groups
- Getting noticed as an "influencer" in your field
- Writing for Linkedin
5 - 5/16- Marketing Plan, Tools, Tips & Tricks; Monitoring and Measuring
You know you need to do it, but you have no idea where you’re going to find the time to do it. Here you’ll learn how to carve out time and use free tools to manage your social media in 30 minutes a day as well as put together your marketing plans. In this session we’ll cover:
- The Strategic Plan
- The Tactical Plan
- Building a Following
- How to Manage your Social Media in 30 Minutes a Day
- TweetDeck, HootSuite, TwitterFeed, Feedly
- Measuring and Analytics
- Tips & Tricks
Do I need to be computer savvy?
You need this basic computer knowledge:
- How to get around a web browser
- URLs and web addresses
- Uploading and downloading pictures
- Copy, cutting and pasting
If you lack these basic computer skill, you should take one of the free classes at the public library.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
By car: Park in Alexi's restaurant parking lot just south of the building. Enter through the east side entrance. The door may be locked. We'll watch out for you. If you get lost or can't get in, call or text Giselle, 602-738-1700
By LightRail: get off at the Osborn/Central station. The building is on the west side of central a half a block north of Osborn.
What do I need to bring to the class?
Laptop computer. If you don't have one, you will get a copy of the presentations and you can do the work at home.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Is my registration/ticket transferable?
Yes. If you can't attend any or all of the 5 sessions, you can send a co-worker or partner in your place. Please let the organizer know the name of the person attending.
Will this boot camp be given again?
Yes. This 5-session boot camp will be repeated again in July-August and Sept.-Oct.
When & Where
Giselle Aguiar, AZ Social Media Wiz
Giselle Aguiar, with over 30 years experience in Internet Marketing, can teach any business owner how to take control of their marketing. She is your tour guide through the overwhelming world of social media marketing.
If you need to reach her right before an event, please call or text her cell: 602-738-1700.