Actions and Detail Panel
Social Media Made Simple: Reaching Your Library's Community
Wed, May 17, 2017, 1:00 PM – Wed, Jun 7, 2017, 2:30 PM EDT
Learn tools and tactics to help you use social media to build your outreach to current and future patrons. This 4-week online course mixes live keynote presentations and hands-on projects in an online workshop setting. You’ll receive one-on-one guidance from an experienced social media library luminary.
By the end of the 4-week workshop, you will:
- Set a target audience for your social media efforts
- Decide what you hope to achieve through social media, who is your core audience, and what channels would reach them most effectively
- Build a social media project to achieve a specific goal
- Get prepared to offer a nimble social media response to surprise events that impact your community--whether that’s a tornado or a celebrity visit
- Create shareable content that can “go viral” beyond your existing followers
Online course features
- Instructor-led online courses feature personalized interaction over four weeks
- Real-time guest speakers and conversation via live webcast (with recordings available afterward)
- Weekly homework assignments to help you make progress on your goals
- Individualized attention from course facilitators who work with you in a coaching environment to help sort out challenges
- Ongoing group conversation via discussion forums
- Articles, videos and other resources
Who should take this course?
This course is relevant for school, public, and academic librarians, across all areas of the library—from front line-staff to management—looking to learn how to use social media as an outreach and engagement tool.
Date and Time
Live Online Webcast and OnDemand