Actions and Detail Panel
SOCIAL MEDIA FOR SOCIAL GOOD- Using Social Media as an Innovative Tool to D...
Activists, politicians, and academics alike have heralded social media as a revolutionarily change in the way people, organizations, and governments interact with each other. In the past few years, social media has been credited with toppling totalitarian regimes during the Arab Spring, highlighting social inequities with the Occupy Nigeria movement, and shining an unwanted spotlight on some of the darkest corners in our country. These and other campaigns have shown the incredible potential of social media platforms to let us dream of better, more efficient ways to construct open governments and have allowed us to reshape how we think about our world and ourselves.
Social media for social good is bringing together people who are ready to share their time, experience and knowledge to the local realities of plateau state and share their ideas and impressions.
At this conference, we will be examining where social media has succeeded and failed and how we can leverage social media as an innovative tool for driving the Sustainable Developmental Goals in plateau state.
In addition, participants will have a chance to:
- collaborate to produce an original case study around social media use in the real world as well as a campaign that could be put into effect.
- Critically analyse both the opportunities and the pitfalls that emerge when leveraging social media to facilitate social change
- Manage specific social media tools for advocacy, research and policy making
- Develop integrated campaigns that leverage social to support to the mission
- Analyse online metrics to test and improve digital engagement strategies
- Craft a social media campaign from scratch that ties together best practices, campaign creation and tools for evaluating success.