Social Media for Business: Creating Your Strategy
Monday, April 18, 2011 from 8:00 AM to 10:30 AM (CDT)
You understand how social networks work. Now make social networks work for your business.
In this intermediate seminar, we will show you how to design a strategy for your business using the leading social networks. We will focus on Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, YouTube, Flickr and LinkedIn.
In 2.5 hours, you will learn how to:
- Decide which platforms are best for your business.
- Extend your brand onto your social media profiles.
- Share relevant content about your business using the different platforms.
- Interact effectively with your current and potential customers.
- Find and monitor online conversations about your business.
- Handle negative comments about your business.
- Run promotions legally through the social networks.
- Use social media to get people in your doors.
- Establish a social media policy for your employees.
Our seminar will be a lively mix of presentations, discussion and analysis of your own strategies. We will have free wi-fi available so that you can follow along on your own laptop. However, a laptop is not required for this seminar.
We will also provide handouts at the start of the seminar and also provide a link afterwards to our online review. To ensure an intimate environment, the seminar is capped at 20 people. Coffee will also be served.
Our seminars are designed and led by Tracy Samantha Schmidt, who also blogs about online marketing strategy at 435Digital.com. Before joining 435 Digital, Tracy was the editorial director of ChicagoNow, the Tribune’s network of 350 blogs. She also taught several graduate-level classes on social media at DePaul University and has presented at conferences nationwide. Previously, she reported for Time Magazine.
When & Where
435 Digital is a consulting group that specializes in social media strategy, SEO, web design and customized training sessions.
Our group is comprised of experts from across Tribune Company. For more information, please go to 435Digital.com.