Social Media Compliance for Healthcare Professionals
Wednesday, August 7, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:10 AM (PDT)
This webinar on social media compliance in a healthcare setting will explain how you can use social media to communicate with patients while ensuring that you meet the privacy, security and compliance aspects of handling sensitive patient data. It will also discuss the documentation needed to explain proper social media adoption, during an OCR audit.
Why Should You Attend:
Social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn are increasingly being used by health care organizations to engage with patients and physicians, build brands, and communicate information to the larger community. However, wide spread adoption of social media by healthcare organizations introduce risks to patient data accessed and stored.
- How does your practice use social media?
- Do you have social media policies, best practices and training to comply?
- How do your employees use it?
This session will highlight the real risks in using social media in a healthcare setting. You will learn how to avoid common HIPAA violations or potentially inviting lawsuits. We will discuss what documentation needs to be produced during audits performed by Office of Civil Rights to show the proper adoption and use of social media policies and procedures. Attend this webinar to understand the best practices, checklist and lessons learned in managing social media communication.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Social Media Trends
- Benefits to providers, patients and community
- Social media compliance
- Social media violation examples
- Best practices
- Key takeaways
- The requirements of the HIPAA Security Rule will be presented.
- The elements of a HIPAA Security Risk Analysis will be explained.
- A framework of security polices will be presented.
- Typical policy considerations for laptops and portable devices, and their security, will be discussed.
- We will discuss how to use Risk Analysis to deal with difficult compliance issues, such as texting and social networking.
- Tools to be used for policy management and documentation will be presented.
- How to adopt policies, train on them, and conduct drills on them will be discussed.
- The HIPAA Audit Protocol will be presented, and its use as a compliance tool will be explained.
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.