Social Media and Healthcare - Meeting Patient Needs and Desires, and Ensuring Privacy and Security
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
This 90-minute webinar will discuss the requirements, the risks, and the issues in using mobile devices and social networking for patient communications. We will review policies and procedures, documentation, major compliance areas and training to ensure they are updated to meet these new challenges.
Why Should You Attend:
The session will discuss the requirements, the risks, and the issues of the increasing use of mobile devices and social networking for patient communications and provide a road map for how to use them safely and effectively, to increase the quality of health care and patient satisfaction.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- How Patients and Providers want to use texting and social networking.
- How to evaluate the use of new technologies under HIPAA
- Issues with using non-HIPAA designations for non-covered activities.
- Using Risk Analysis to make sound compliance decisions without breaking any rules or asking patients to yield their rights.
- What needs to be in your social networking policy.
- What secure alternatives there are to “regular” texting and social networking.
- The impacts of using non-compliant technologies.
- The importance of thorough, regular training to safe technology use.
- Potential penalties for non-compliance.
Date: April 24, 2013
Time: 10:00 AM-11:30 AM PDT
Cost: $199 per attendee per computer terminal
Registration: SIgn-Up on-line now. Add to your shopping cart.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.