Stretch your creativity and innovation muscles at Creative Reaction Lab’s 1-hour Social Innovation Blitz. Creative Reaction Lab challenges community stakeholders to use design thinking to empathize with marginalized communities, encourage and test ideas, assess risk, and create actionable solutions in response to human rights inequalities. Join Antionette Carroll, the founder and executive director of Creative Reaction Lab, for a social innovation blitz exploring the design thinking process and developing prototypes combating voter apathy.
This Blitz will be hosted as part of the Venture Cafe Gathering, a weekly gathering on Thursdays from 3-8pm supporting the entrepreneurial and innovation community.
- Define the role of design thinking and creativity in social innovation
- Cultivate creative leadership of community members, entrepreneurs, designers, non-profit and government leaders, etc.
- Challenge participants to develop community-centered, community-led solutions/approaches to systemic social justice issues, thus integrating community engagement within their problem solving acumen
- Instigate development of actionable-solutions/approaches to a relevant social justice issue plaguing the local community
- Develop design thinking competency to encourage the creation of a range of solutions – from products to services