If you've always wanted to create your own signature items for personal use or for gifts, or just learn about what goes into making a soap, this class is for you!
Learn to make soap using all-natural butters and oils! This class will give you a solid introduction to the method of hot process soap making, which uses lye. By the end of the four-hour class, you will have learned the skills to make a batch of soap from a recipe.
- Safety practices.
- Materials and Equipment
- Learn how to use alternative liquids when crafting hot processed soaps such as tea, vegetable juices and goat's milk.
- Explore how to use colors, herbs and fragrances to customize soaps
- Troubleshoot common soap making problems
- Participants need to bring: goggles (to protect eyes), apron, spatula, rubber gloves (to protect hands), painter's mask, and sturdy bags (with a flat bottom) to transport soaps
- Hot process soap making requires handling lye. We will teach you all of the safety procedures and encourage students to participate in this phase, but you may elect to watch if you're not ready to work with lye.
- Wear long sleeve shirts and closed toe shoes.
$30 Registration Includes:
- Hands on step by step instruction on making a basic batch of hot processed soap with lye.
- two bars of fresh handmade soap
Maximum enrollment: 15 students. Minimum enrollment: 3 students.