March 31st, 2012
12 -- 5 PM
Evergreen Middle School, Everett, WA
Doors open at 11:30 AM.
Join us for the 2nd annual SnoCo Together -- Building our Local Future event on March 31st -- an afternoon of fun "do it yourself" workshops. Enjoy a Saturday afternoon of learning, entertainment, local snacks and about how to live sustainably and build self-reliance on a tight budget! Workshops will give practical information and tips about starting from growing and preserving your own food, to using a bike as a healthy and economical means of transportation and more. Kids activities will also be included.
Workshops and Panel Discussions Including:
- Beekeeping: What Happens to The Bees?
- Bike Maintenance and Repair: Fix It and Keep Pedaling!
- Canning and Jamming: Preserve the Season's Bounty
- Chickens In Your Backyard: Egg-cellent Tips
- Clothing Repair Basics: Make a Hem
- Cooking On A Budget: Healthy Meals and Kid-Friendly Snacks
- Self Help In a Tough Economy: Adjusting to the "New Normal"
- Toxic-free Living: Create Your Own Cleaning Products
- Water Resources: Rain Barrels Make "Cents" For Your Yard!
- Emergency Response - Prepare a Kit, Get Involved
- Toxic Free Living in Everett
- Kids Eat Reel - Prepare Your Own Quick and Easy Snacks
- Discover the Outdoors of Puget Sound: Snohomish River Salmon and Their Wet Habitat:
- Be a Critter Helper!
- Don’t Monkey Around with Germs
Food: Light snacks provided