SNAP Summit: FailCon!
October 27th 9:30am - 6pm
AFTERPARTY: 111 Minna Gallery 6:30p - 9:30p
We're back with our 4th SNAP Summit and putting an exciting twist on it.
The economy is scaring a lot of folks but let's take a moment to remember that failure is just another step toward success.
“SNAP Summit: FailCon” is a full-day conference focusing on the trials
and tribulations of successful entrepreneurs. You aren’t a real
entrepreneur until you’ve had to deal with failure and recovering from
it - financially emotionally and practically - can be challenging.
Hear how some major players in the industry have dealt with startup
troubles recovered and kept a positive tenacious and energetic
attitude through it all.
The conference will debate questions such as:
* How do VCs handle failing investments?
* How NOT to build a social app
* What are some social web branding failures and how can you avoid them now?
* How do you financially prepare for the possibility of failure: legally fiscally and in your team?
* What have some of the leading executives today learned from their past experiences?
* What are you watching out for with the current social web and rising companies?
* How do you recover from a failed product or marketing campaign?
* And how do you let it all go if you must?
Our speakers include the founders of some of the leading social web and VC firms in the bay area including:
* Max Levchin; CEO of Slide
* Lynne Johnson; Senior Editor of Fast Company
* Mark Pincus; CEO of Zynga
* Sandy Jen and Seth Sternberg; co-founders of Meebo
* Adeo Ressi; Founder of TheFunded.com
* Christine Herron; Partner at First Round Capital
* Brandon Schauer; Experience Design Director at Adaptive Path
* Kevin Barenblat; CEO of Context Optional
* Lane Becker and Thor Mullen; co-founders of GetSatisfaction
* Max Ventilla; Founder of Aardvark
* and many more!
We also thank our sponsors for helping us make this happen! Be sure to check them out:
Come prepared to meet folks from:
- Fast Company
- Lockheed Martin
- NBC Universal
- Adaptive Path
- and more!
More information at: http://snapsummit.com
Follow us on Twitter: @snapsummit
Or join in the conversation with #failcon