CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS: Bits By The Bay 2017
The SMPTE Washington DC Section Advanced Technology Conference
Date: Wednesday, May 24th and Thursday, May 25th
Location: Chesapeake Beach Resort & Spa, Chesapeake Beach, MD
Deadline for submissions:
- Early acceptance for sponsors: Presentation must be submitted and accepted by Sunday, Jan 15, 2016. The program committee will do a first draft of the conference program from these submissions before accepting regular submissions.
- Regular presentation submissions must be received by Monday, February 27th
Just click the Register button to submit a presentation.
Calling all Technologists and Televisionaries!
Please consider presenting at this year's Bits By The Bay. This is the leading media technology conference in the Mid-Atlantic. We're open to anything you'd like to offer. Topics we're interested in having covered include:
Content creation and management
- Producing UHD content
- Managing the tidal wave of content (including user-generated content)
- Strategies for hybrid cloud operations
- Handling formats from UHD to mobile resolution, HDR and non-HDR displays
- Audio processing and management, from mobile to immersive
- Primer on VR
- End to End Metadata and File-based workflow integration
- What does ATSC 3.0 mean for content creators?
- The evolution of file formats - AXF, MXF, IMF, DPP
- Social Media/Second Screen
- Displays - Quantum Don, OLED.
- Update on ATSC 3.0 and Spectrum Auction
- Multi-platform delivery
- Network & Content Security, Cybersecurity
- Virtualization and Cloud technologies
- Studio Video over IP (SVIP) update
- Precision Time Protocol
- Troubleshooting the IP Video Facility
- From GPIs to APIs - ongoing advancements in integration technologies
We invite you to submit a topic for a presentation at our conference. Even if you want to speak on something not covered above we'd like to hear from you. We encourage you to submit a list of multiple topics to maximize your opportunity to fit into our program. We're especially interested in presentations that are instructional and cover the fundamentals of a particular technology. If you have any questions or wish to consult with us prior to making a submission feel free to contact us by phone or email.
All presentations must be in the format of a "white paper" and discuss an technology, implementation of case study. No product placements, pricing, or similar overt marketing will be accepted, but sponsors may provide whatever handouts they want to attendees. Proprietary technologies should be identified in you submission. Hardware or software demonstrations are not permitted as part of the presentation, but media may be used to illustrate results. Most preferred are case studies with end users participating in the presentation and technology primers that detail the fundametals of a particular technology or application.
We need only a title for your topic and a short synopsis initially. Depending upon your submission, we may ask for an explanation or longer synopsis, or if we're conncerned that your presentation may be too commercial we may ask for the presentation in advance of accepting it into the conference.
As before, our conference will be held on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay at the beautiful Chesapeake Beach Resort & Spa. All presenters receive discounted conference admission ($50) which includes the conference dinner. Presenter admission may also be covered by a sponsor's complimentary admissions.
For more information please contact:
Rick Singer, Program Manager and Co-Conference Cordinator