San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
2:30pm Visitors arrive and park in Parking (Lot E4 Preferred; Lot E3 backup).
2:30-2:40pm Pick up badges at 10-20 Lobby (Passport or Govt ID required. Must be in guest list)
2:40-2:50pm Group # 1 - Renton Site Shuttle Route (Red) – (Recommended Host: Jeff Arnold)
2:50-3:00pm Group # 2 - Renton Site Shuttle Route (Red) – (Recommended Host: Max Duarte)
3:00pm Meet visitors 4.81 Bldg (Gate 36A) – (Tour Host: Mike Conklin; phone: 425-299-4280)
3:00-4:00pm Boeing Renton Final Assembly Tour
4:10-4:20pm Group # 1 - Renton Site Shuttle Route (Red) to Parking (Lot E4)
4:20-4:30pm Group # 2 - Renton Site Shuttle Route (Red) to Parking (Lot E4)
Boeing 10-20 bldg Address: 528-532 N 6th St, Renton, WA 98057, United States
Since we will have about 45 visitors, we are planning to break down in two (2) groups to accommodate in shuttle. If all standing, all can fit, however, there are Boeing employees in these shuttles, so space might be limited.
Tour Rules & Regulations:
- Passport or Gov’t Identification Required to pick up Boeing issued badge (No exceptions)
- No cameras, video recorders, or camera phones are permitted during the factory visit.
- The use of electronic devices is restricted while walking in operations and transportation areas, including parking lots, flight lines, factories and warehouses.
- Factory appropriate footwear required; feet completely covered with low, wide heels. See here for further details.
- During tours, visitors must adhere to the tour path and wear appropriate protective equipment as defined by the tour leader.
- Stay clear of moving cranes, forklifts and other shop vehicles.
- If there is a situation that requires the building to be evacuated, please follow your tour leader who will take you to the nearest designated assembly area.
- Boeing escorts must remain with their visitors at all times.
- The Renton site is a tobacco free workplace. No tobacco usage is allowed on company-owned or leased property.
- Please familiarize yourself with the seven-point Visitor Safety Orientation prior to your tour.
LAST CHANCE TO REGISTER! RSVP BY 9/18 TO SECURE YOUR SPOT!
Join us for one of the most memorable manufacturing tours you will ever experience, exclusive for Chapter 39 members! We will take a tour of the Boeing 737 moving assembly line, learn about some of their processes, hear about lessons learned and how they have evolved to being able to produce 42 airplanes a month on a single final assembly line.
When the tour has ended, we will head over to Vino at the Landing (800 N 10th Pl, Ste E, Renton) to talk about what we saw, network with fellow manufacturing professionals, and enjoy goodies from the happy hour menu.
Max: 80 attendees
Minimum age: 18
Max number of tickets per person: 1
Last day to RSVP: 9/18
When & Where
SME Seattle Chapter 39
SME is the world's leading professional society advancing manufacturing knowledge and influencing more than half a million Manufacturing practitioners annually.
Chapter 39's mission is to promote STEM and Manufacturing education in the Puget Sound area.