San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Social Media: So much has changed over the years... and it is just getting started!
As we celebrated the 7-Year anniversary of Social Media Club organization in May, it is interesting to look back and see how much has changed over the years.
From the good old days of Myspace, to the launch of Facebook and Twitter, social media has gone from just sharing what you had for lunch to a full blown marketing medium for businesses.
On June 27th, join SMCSLCas we take a brief look back at what has happened in social media, discuss what you should be doing today, and we'll dust off our crystal balls and talk about what the future may bring.
This is an event you will not want to miss!
We have 3 spectacular presenters that you will learn from, and undoubtedly walk away with some actionable tips. They are:
Andrew Melchior, Vice President of Avalaunch Media Content Marketing, SEO and PPC Specialists For more than ten years, Andrew has been working around the clock in the industry as the co-founder of Avalaunch Media in 2012, co-founder of Dream Systems Media in 2005 and ecommerce business owner since 2000. Andrew has worked with hundreds of business owners as a consultant and mentor, and his clientele includes companies such as Mvelopes, iTOK, ESRB, Build Direct, and BlackFriday.com. He enjoys sharing his passion for the online industry and has been a featured speaker at business conferences including SMX, Utah Profit Symposium, and Local First Arizona.
David Oldham, CEO and Co-Founder of Nuvi The World's Most Stunning Social Analytics Platform Dave is the co-founder of NUVI (www.nuviapp.com), a social analytics and visual intelligence platform created in 2011. Dave has 20 years of experience in product development, marketing, and strategy. Dave has created over 30 different software products - many of which are number 1 in their market segment. Dave loves social media, technology, strategy, competition, advertising, marketing, and brilliant design. He believes in building things that have lasting value, in serving customers and innovating to make their lives better. Dave also loves skiing, snowboarding, racing snowmobiles, wakeboarding, motorcycles, golfing, and most team sports. Dave has an M.B.A. with emphasis in Economics from Columbia University, NYC, and an M.B.A. with emphasis in Entrepreneurship from the University of California, Berkeley.
Clark T. Bell, President of ClutchFuse Local SEO and Social Media Marketing Professionals Clark is a serial entrepreneur, husband, daddio, snowboarder and collector of vinyl records. Clark loves all things local, social and mobile. Clark is the President and Founder of ClutchFuse, which helps small businesses with maximizing all applications of inbound marketing. Clark is also the General Manager/Partner of BioGrass, which is a family owned and operated 800-acre turf grass production facility.
Does that sound like a great panel or what? Here are the details.
- Thursday June 27th, 2013
- 5:30 - 7:15 Dinner and Networking
- 7:30 - 9:00 Presentations, Q&A Panel, Prizes and Wrap Up
Where: This event will take place at one of our favorite SLC joints.
- Virdene’s Burger Bar at The Peery Hotel, located in downtown Salt Lake City
- Enjoy a burger and fries and networking at Virdene's, then we'll move to one of the Peery Hotels meeting rooms for the presentations.
- $15 Per Person, in advance (purchased online) $25 at the door (limited seating)
- Includes Dinner: Burger and Fries from Virdene's (gratuity not included)
- Cash bar and other menu items available for purchase
- Classic Burger - 1/3 lb burger, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, red onion, dijon mayo on a brioche bun. Includes fries.
- Virdene Burger - 1/3 lb burger, bleu cheese crumbles, caramelized onions, bacon, swiss, dijon mayo on a brioche bun. Includes fries.
- BBQ Chicken Samich - Grilled chicken breast, house made bbq sauce, cheddar cheese, bacon, crispy onion strings on a brioche bun. Includes fries.
SMCSLC events feature the bonus of excellent prizes! We will be having a drawing for some awesome swag including:
- A nights stay at the Peery Hotel
- Area restaurant / bar gift certificates
- Thanksgiving Point Family Pass Membership ($175 Value)
- Zagg iPad Keyboard. iPhone case, iPhone bumper
- and more
Reserve your space now. Seating is VERY limited... and we expect it to sell out.
When & Where
Social Media Club Salt Lake City
Social Media Club Salt Lake City (SMCSLC) is a chapter of the International Social Media Club.
The goal of SMCSLC is to build a community where diverse groups of people who care about social media can come together to discover, connect, share, and learn.
The event attendees consist of journalists, business professionals, publishers, bloggers, communications professionals, marketers, artists, amateur media creators, citizen journalists, teachers, students and other new media collaborators.