SMCKC 5th Birthday Bash at Boulevard
Thursday, June 27, 2013 from 5:30 PM to 9:00 PM (CDT)
Kansas City, MO
Ticket sales end at 4pm day of the event. Tickets will not be sold at the door.
In June 2008, future Social Media Club co-founder Ed Roberts sent the following email to fellow-future-founders Zena Weist and Pete Thomas:
I'd love for us to get together for coffee or lunch sometime to talk about how we "rally the troops" here in town to add some cohesiveness to all the exciting social media stuff that is going on in town...
Fast forward 5 years: Command centers. National awards. Google Fiber. #Frosty. And, above all, a super-engaged group of 3,000 of the most creative and communicative people in town!
You've come a long way, SMCKC.
That's why we're inviting you to join all of your SMCKC friends and extended family on Thursday, June 27, in the Boulevard Brewery Muehlebach Room for a celebration of hashtags, miracles, and all things social!
We'll toast our 5th the following ways:
- Greet original founding members and past board members.
- Dance to beats by Feel the Music DJ @kcklo63
- Eat snacks and drink free Boulevard Beer from the tap all night long!*
- Watch a highlight reel of SMCKC's greatest hits
- Enjoy opportunities to broadcast your awesomeness in real-time to your social graph
- Get the definitive, once-and-for-all answer to the question, "social media: ROI?"
THIS is your return on investment, friends. Five years of real relationship building and/or Twitter lurking, all rolled into one magical eve!
*You better be 21, son.