Actions and Detail Panel
Smart City – Telecommunication Revolution for Modern Cities
Tue, May 2, 2017, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Malaysia Time Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) Time
Rapid technology development is changing our cities, our world. From one viewpoint, telecommunication innovations require more advanced infrastructure to provide service to the users. This include, dense fiber deployment, increasing number cellular and multiple parallel radio systems for used of telecommunication that in turn rises many healthy-related issues due to excessive power radiation. All these aspects require careful considerations in city planning. On the other hand, technology development provides many benefits for cities and their residents. Public safety, smart parking, smart waste management or smart city lightning, or smart metering– these are just few examples of recent IoT (Internet of Things)-powered services. Join us for this training to learn and discuss about these topic and much more!
By the end of this training, participants will be able to :
- Discuss the impact of technology development on city planning
- Present key deployment aspects of telecommunication networks with future outlook
- Discuss on telecommunication services that can help to improve life quality of city residents
- Present use cases of IoT-powered solutions specially designed for cities
- Anyone who wishes to increase his/her awareness of further evolution of mobile communication technology their impact on urban environment.
• Development of cellular networks and their impact to city planning
- Bit of technology overview and telecom market insight
- Fixed network development (Fiber connectivity), future expectations
- Wireless network evolution – cells get smaller and smaller
- Environmental constraints (healthy issues)
- Examples from other cities
- Future outlook
• Smart city
- What telecommunication network can offer to cities and ther residents?
- Power of big data and IoT (Internet of Things)
- How to cut energy bills for street lights? - Smart Lightning – cooperation models, global examples
- Smart Home – cooperation models, global examples
- Getting more green and helping electricity providers – Smart metering – business models and global examples
- Less waste, less field operation costs, more profit – Smart waste management – model and ecosystem
- Additional revenue stream – Smart Parking
• Public Safety over LTE (Long Term Evolution) networks (4G and 4.5G)
- Concept and service model
- Technology behind
Trainer has 12 years of experience in different positions all within telecom industry, mainly in radio domain. Currently Senior Business Expansion Manager responsible for MBB sales across the CEE and Nordic region. Years 2011-2013 – CTO advisory (Orange) and IT transition manager in the UK (various managed services projects), 2009-2011 – country manager of Polish-Finnish professional NPO consulting company, responsible for business development, project management, operations, sales and marketing in Eastern Europe. Several years of successful Telecom/NPO project and training deliveries across the globe. Also active researcher in the field of radio propagation, mobile positioning, and radio network planning, author of over 30 international conference publications and PhD holder from Finnish University.
Date and Time
Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC)
Kuala Lumpur City Centre
Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur 50088