SMART Academy (Three 1/2 day classes) May 24, May 31 and June 7.
Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 8:00 AM (PDT)
SMART Academy (Three ½ day classes)
The HR SMART Academy is a program intended to provide managers, supervisors and lead employees with essential Human Resource knowledge. You will be presented with up-to-date policies, procedures, and tools critical to being an effective manager. Enrollment is open to managers, supervisors and lead employees only. Please check your calendar in advance and commit to attending all three sessions before you enroll.
The Academy consists of three half-day training sessions delivered by both internal administrators and external consultants. The scheduled dates are:
Wednesday, May 24th 8:00 AM – 12:00 Noon
Wednesday, May 31st 8:00 AM – 12:00 Noon
Wednesday, June 7th 8:00 AM – 12:00 Noon
PLEASE ARRIVE ON TIME!
List of Academy topics
- Leave Administration
- Benefits Services
- Drug & Alcohol Reasonable Suspicion Awareness
- Employment Services
- Labor Relations
- Workplace Violence Policies
- AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention
- Risk Management Orientation
Benefits of the HR SMART Academy include the following:
- Reduced grievances and litigation
- A more thorough understanding of Human Resources functions and resources
- Increased supervisor confidence
- A network of peers for ongoing support
- Becoming familiar with available resources
You must attend all three sessions to receive your certificate.