Slow Money NC catalyzes investments in our local food system by connecting farmers, small food entrepreneurs, investors, foodies, and locavists to create a more thoughtful, healthy, resilient local food economy. Since 2010 dozens of ordinary people have moved money, not to Wall Street but to the farms and small food enterprises of NC, helping 98 agri-preneurs start, retain, and expand their businesses. Over 170 affordable loans and investments total nearly $3M! It's remarkable, it's critical, and it's deeply gratifying. Come join us!
Come meet folks who care about local farms and local food, join in the fun, and learn how you can be part of it all!
5:30 - 6:00 YesterYears Brewery Tour
Meet David Larsen, owner of YesterYears Brewery, and take a tour!
6 - 6:30 'Slow Start'
Mingle, enjoy light refreshments and samples from presentors, beer and wine (cash bar), and chat with fellow locavores from around the Triangle.
6:30 - 7:00pm Welcome
Brief intros, and an overview of Slow Money NC.
7:00 - 7:30pm 'Fast' Presentations - Spotlights of
3 minute presentations from local farmers and local food business owners about their exciting upcoming projects including:
• Hadassah Patterson of Triangle Gluten-Free, Chapel Hill
• David Larsen of Yesteryear Brewery, Carrboro
• Gael Chatelain of Napoli Wood-fired Pizza, Chapel Hill & Durham
• Greg Lewis of The Roadhouse and 39 West Catering, Pittsboro
• Jonathan Leiss of Spring Forth Farm, Hurdle Mills
• Bobby Coltrane of Coltrane Farms, Reidsville
• Silvana Rangel-Duque, Soul Cocina, Chapel Hill
• James Clark, Postal Fish Co., Pittsboro, NC
• Carly Erickson, Boro Beverage, Chapel Hill
(..if you would like to present, please contact email@example.com by March 1st)
7:30 - 7:40 Sneak Preview of the NEW - Slow Money NC SOIL, NC - program!
7:40 - 8pm 'Slow Finish'
Talk with the presenters and fellow locavists, relax, network, eat, drink, and enjoy!
* * * * * * * *
What are my parking options at the event?
YesterYears Brewery is between Cats's Cradle and the Arts Center. If the parking lot right in front is full, their is a parking garage next door, by the new Hampton Inn.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Email Carol Hewitt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-656-8889