San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Come to share and enjoy a Harvest Potluck with other likeminded folks who appreciate our local bounty and to learn about Slow Foods revived national initiatives and the new work we are beginning locally.
Everyone is welcome! You do not have to be a Slow Food Seattle member to come join in the potluck. If you have been curious about our organization, this is a great chance to come meet with members and see what we're all about! We will be discussing a few membership-related topics, with a few members-only votes, but the majority of our topics and activities will be of interest to anyone interested in good, clean, fair food:
- I-522 (labeling GMO foods). Meg Kennedy from Central Co-op, will be there to discuss this important ballot initiative.
- Ark of Taste: Slow Food’s Ark of Taste is a catalog of over 200 delicious foods in danger of extinction. The Ark’s goal is to help promote these foods to ensure their continued existence.
- Slow Food's new national initiatives
- School gardens
- Slow Fish - Slow Food's special focus on seafood
- A favorite dish to serve 20 with serving utensils
- Eating utensils and a non-alcoholic beverage
We will supply plates, cups and napkins.
There will also be door prizes!
When & Where
Slow Food Seattle
Slow Food is an idea, a way of living and a way of eating. It is a global, grassroots movement with thousands of members around the world that links the pleasure of food with a commitment to community and the environment.