Sleep Out to End Homelessness 2016
Friday, November 4, 2016 at 6:00 PM - Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 7:00 AM (CDT)
A local problem… a local solution. Five local organizations are uniting to raise awareness and funds to support local programs and services that assist those who are experiencing homelessness in Rock County. The second Sleep Out to End Homelessness event will be held Friday, November 4, 2016 at the Rock County Fairgrounds.
Participants will collect pledges/donations in exchange for their sleeping outside for the night. At the event, participants will have the opportunity to discuss, think and learn about homelessness in Rock County. Individuals, families, youth groups, church congregations, service and fraternal organizations, school clubs, and corporate teams are encouraged to participate.
While there is no way that a single night can replicate the helplessness and personal pain of truly being homeless, Sleep Out participants should leave with a better understanding of:
• homelessness in Rock County and its causes
• challenges faced by those experiencing homelessness
• community resources available to assist the homeless
• how we, as individuals and a community, can play a role in creating change
Event proceeds will benefit the programs and services of: ECHO, Edgerton Community Outreach, GIFTS, House of Mercy and Project 16:49.
Registration may be submitted via paper registration for no additional fee. Registration form can be found here.
ECHO, Edgerton Community Outreach, GIFTS, House of Mercy, and Project 16:49
A collaborative event to:
1. increase awareness and understanding of homelessness in Rock County
2. raise funds to support organizations serving the homeless