San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Public relations is a vital part of the marketing mix. From getting a mention on the nightly news to a new relationship with that Snapchat superstar all the kids are talking about, PR plays a huge role in getting your brand noticed, with a whole bunch of credibility behind it.
Skillshop: Public Relations 101 will teach you why your competitor is in the The Martin Group and its subsidiary, Martin Davison Public Relations will help all of you creative folks with the who, what, where, when and why of public relations – so you can try it yourself, or just gain a better understanding of how you can work with your PR team to maximize your mentions. paper while the closest you’ve been to being in the news is the lonely bagel crumb you dropped in the classifieds. Our pals at
What you’ll learn:
- The different elements of public relations - crisis communication, public affairs, event coordination, social media, etc.
- The elements of a newsworthy story and the basics of pitching stories to the media
- How to create a press release and media kit
- PR for brand launches or events
- How social media integrates with public relations
Who this workshop is for:
- Business owners or marketers who wish to add public relations to their marketing strategy
- Account executives, designers, and project managers who want a better understanding of how PR works and ways they can contribute to PR initiatives
- Anyone wishing to get exposure to the public relations process
- Must be a 2016-2017 AAF Buffalo member to attend (renew or join today for the whole year of benefits!)
Cost $30 (includes refreshments) and is limited to members of AAF Buffalo.
The deadline to register is January 16, 2017.
When & Where
AAF Buffalo is an organization designed to promote and foster interaction among the graphic arts and marketing communication professionals in the Western New York area. We strive to provide current information about developments within the advertising/graphic design, visual arts, Interactive development, print production, broadcasting and publication industries so as to further encourage excellence by those engaged in said fields while encouraging interest among students.