San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us for a discussion about how content fits into the design process— and how design fits into the content process. Perhaps you know that frustrating feeling well. Your beautiful PSDs were ruined because someone claimed they couldn't possibly ever keep their headlines under 40 characters. Or, you weren't able to tell the best possible story because of design constraints.
Bringing together designers and content creators to discuss how we can better work together to improve the end-reader's experience, Sketch & Draft aims to explore questions such as:
Where does content fit into the design process and visa versa?
Why is it important for designers and content strategists to stop hating each other?
What the hell is content strategy anyway and who invited it to the party?
7:30 - 8:00: Drinks + Mingling
8:00 - 9:00: Panel + Q&A
9:00 - 9:30: Drinks + Mingling: The Reckoning
- Moderator: Jose R. Mejia Hired gun, former Editorial Director at Huge, Strategy & Marketing Manager at Largetail
- Design: Liang Shi, Freelance UX/UI/Product Designer
- Design: Michael Romanowicz, Founder of Mr.UX, former VP Product at Storydesk & StyledOn
- Content: Erica Swallow, Contributing tech journalist for Forbes, Huffington Post, and Mashable, former Director of Community for Contently and social media marketing consultant at The New York Times
- Content: Joshua Green, PhD, Senior Strategist at Undercurrent, Co-Author "Spreadable Media: Creating Value in a Network Culture" (with Henry Jenkins and Sam Ford)