San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Sustainable Jersey City Collaborative Network is pleased to present this expanded
Certificate Program in Urban Sustainability, offered in partnership with
Ramapo College's Sustainability Program and the Cloud Institute,
at the Indiegrove Co-working Space, in Downtown Jersey City
with new modules by Eco-Schools USA and Green Path NJ
Workshop Series, Spring 2014
Fast track series of 8 workshops that introduce participants to the Principles and Practices of Urban Sustainability, cumulatively linked to a Certificate in Urban Sustainability In Jersey City, plus additional select accreditation.
(24 Hours of Study For Community Leaders & Professionals - USGBC & Eco-Schools USA CEUs available.)
To register, visit: https://sjccertificate.eventbrite.com
Time: Mondays from 6:30 – 9:30 PM
(8 consecutive Monday Eves, starting April 21, and ending June 16th, 2014 – Skipping Memorial Day, May 26th)
Location: Indiegrove Coworking 121 Newark Street, a short walk from Grove PATH station
Cost: $225 (early bird registration) / $275 (regular registration)/ Community Partner rates available (contact us)
- Are you drawn to the ideas of sustainability, but unsure how best to go about doing it effectively, on an everyday basis?
- Or, are you already doing things that move your community toward sustainability, but are looking for a framework to help sync your efforts with what others are doing?
- Perhaps you are a teacher or community educator, interested in sharing what you have learned to help students, colleagues, and other community stakeholders to think about sustainability in a coherent and articulate way.
- Or, if migrating your career toward the emerging green marketplace is of interest to you, then perhaps understanding more about the built environment and how the Leadership In Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) performance standard for buildings is being applied, can offer you a professional growth opportunity.
This course will give you a foundation in urban sustainability, which you can immediately apply in Your Community, while furthering your knowledge in the sustainability arena and satisfying Continuing Education Requirements.
PART ONE - Three Modules, made up of two 3-hour Sessions each, Common To All Tracks:
- Module One is designed to set a context for thinking about and planning sustainability initiatives in an urban setting. We will introduce participants to a Holistic Systems Approach to solving problems and implementing solutions.
- Module Two will explore the principles of Project Management, and participants will have the opportunity to apply new skill sets as they form teams and choose a project to model and develop.
- Module Three will help you develop an agenda for sustainability action within Jersey City, applicable to many communities, based on The Natural Step principles.
PART TWO – Module Four; choose ONE TRACK (A, B or C), made up of two 3-hour Sessions; up to 24 CEUs may apply after completing PART ONE and PART TWO. You must select Track Option At Time of Registration:
- Track A will explore the Eco-Schools USA Model and their pathways framework to track sustainability initiatives using school and community campus settings as a laboratory for learning. This track awards participants additional Eco-Schools Certificate: Introduction to School / Extended Campus Sustainability Planning (additional - 6 CEUs available for completing Track A).
- Track B, which will introduce you to the US Green Building Council's LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) and Neighborhood Development Best Practices, and will garner you additional Green Path NJ Certificate: Principles of Smart Growth and LEED for Neighborhood Development. This is good preparation for the LEED credential preparatory exams (additional – 24 CEUs for completing Track B).
- Track C, will take you deeper into Project Management for Community Action, and equips you to take on a leadership role in neighborhood sustainability initiatives.
If you have questions, contact Debra Italiano, at email@example.com, or (917) 447-9839
Opens April 21, 2014
Closes June 16, 2014
When & Where
Sustainable Jersey City is a Collaborative Network of green community groups and individuals within Jersey City who have come together to advance efforts to move the city toward a more sustainable future.