San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Finally a swapping event in the Boston area for curvaholics!! SYC is happy to invite you to Sip n Swap: The Curvy Edition on January 26th, 2014 at Scholars. Bring your 12+ curvy apparel and lets get swapping!!
HOW IT WORKS
- Please bring 5-10 carefully selected clothing items. if you are bringing coats please bring them on hangers IF possible. Sorry no accessories at this time.
- Give what you hope to receive: Think current and clean. The best items to bring are things you love but just happen to be too small, too short, too long, or no longer “fit” you in some way.
- Clothing should be in good to like-new condition: No holes, stains, missing buttons, broken zippers, etc.
- Vintage is okay but please mind quality control. Five seasons ago does not count as vintage…yet.
- If it’s been sitting in your closet with the tags on for over a month, bring it. Chances are you’re never going to wear something that’s been sitting there collecting dust.
- Only things in good condition (washed and/or ironed) should be welcome.
- Bring a friend along. I’m sure she has something hiding in the back of her closet.
- Swap like a lady! Everything on display is fair game so lets keep it classy ladies.
Clothing Drop Off: 12noon-1:30pm ONLY. Style Your Curves and her team needs time to organize and lay your threads out for a great swapping experience. If you purchased a 12 + Swapper ticket and you have items to swap this would be your arrival time.
Sip and Swap: 1:00-3:00pm. Enjoy mix and mingling with your fellow curvy colleagues over your complimentary cocktail and appetizers (for purchase). This is a perfect time to network, discuss wardrobe war stories and much more!
Swap Time: 3:00pm. Each 12+ Swapper has the chance to SHOP!! Detailed rules will be given before the swap begins.
- What happens to the items that aren’t swapped? Any items left over from the swap are then donated to Dress for Success Boston and given to women who are interviewing for a job or need clothing for work.
- What if I need to arrive later than the 12noon-1:30pm drop off time on the day of the event? We are trying to stick to the schedule, so unfortunately we will not be able to accept apparel after 1:30pm. Ticket sales are non refundable so if you purchased a 12+ Swapper ticket and miss the drop off time slot we cannot refund you.
- Can I bring more than 10 items? No, sorry not this time. Space is limited and we want to be able to accommdate all guests.