JESUS. Plain. Simple. And yet deeper and more complex than we will ever fathom.
At #SimplyJesus2017 we will gather together, the convinced and the questioning, to sit at His feet. To know Him better. To wrestle. To learn. We’ll eat, listen, talk and laugh with others who want to know Him too: the real Jesus. And this year, to guide our time, we will center on His miracles.
Jesus’ Miracles, and their Meaning.
The stories and life of Jesus of Nazareth are marked by the supernatural. Repeatedly, he brings life over death, health over sickness, freedom over bondage. He even turns water to wine.
- What do these stories of the extraordinary mean?
- Why did He do them?
- Did they actually happen?
- Are the miraculous works of Jesus still possible in a 21st century world that seems to desparately need them?
These are the questions we will wonder about together. Around the table and the campfire. Will you join us?
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should attend the Simply Jesus Gathering?
- Those who have tried to follow Jesus for a while (maybe you go to, or lead, a church) – We think you’ll be reminded that Jesus is bigger than any box we’ve accidentally tried to put in. And, we think you’ll leave inspired, refreshed, and a little more equipped to continue on (and invite others into) this transformational, wonderful journey of following Jesus.
- Those who think Jesus is interesting, but are not sure about all the religious stuff that often seems to come with him. – We anticipate you will hear some pretty deep thoughts about Jesus, make some neat connections with others like you, and generally be inspired toward faith, hope, and love as you gather with others around Jesus of Nazareth.
Are children and teens able to participate?
The minimum age requirement to come and participate with a parent is 14.
What’s the general schedule of the Gathering?
We will generally be together in a large group during the mornings and evenings. In the afternoons, there will be smaller group options, and/or free relational/ranch activity time.
Tell me more about options for the afternoons.
Registrants will have the opportunity to select to be a part of the Presence & Power Seminar OR Conversation Groups, as part of registration. Conversation groups allow up to 15 people to sit with a speaker to discuss a topic of the speaker's choice. In addition, 4 Eagle Ranch offers an assortment of other activities (see below).
What “ranch activities” can I participate in at 4 Eagle?
4 Eagle offers a host of activities (horseback riding, ziplining, 4×4 rides). If you are interested in signing up for a Thursday or Friday afternoon activity at the ranch, please click here. (The cost of these activities is in addition to your registration and will be paid directly to the vendors providing them.) An afternoon painting class will also be offered. If you are interested, please let us know you are interested by emailing email@example.com.
Can I bring my pet?
No pets are allowed at 4 Eagle Ranch.
What does the registration fee cover?
The registration fee covers all meals from dinner Thursday through Sunday breakfast, the option to camp on the property at 4 Eagle Ranch (you must bring your own gear), and entrance to all sessions. Registration fees are paid directly to the Ranch to cover the expenses of being there.
What does the registration fee NOT cover?
The registration fee does not cover any of the administrative or technical expenses (video, website, sound, etc.), the travel expenses for our speakers, or discounts/scholarships for those who are unable to afford the full registration cost. We are accepting donations to help cover these costs.
What are lodging options?
Camping under the stars with your tent or camper (no hookups) at 4 Eagle Ranch is included in the cost of registration. (PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST BRING YOUR OWN TENT/CAMPER/GEAR.) Portable showers and toilets will be available for camper use. For those who prefer something a little more comfortable, we have arranged special pricing with the following hotels in Eagle, CO. (Note that this is the busiest time of the year for these hotels, so make your reservations early!)
- Hawthorne Inn by Wyndham. Mention "Simply Jesus at 4 Eagle Ranch" and receive an $80 room rate.
- Eagle River Lodge. Mention "Simply Jesus" and receive a $119 room rate
- Comfort Inn. Mention “Simply Jesus” and receive a $149 room rate for any King or double room for 1-2 people.
What are my transport/parking options for/to the event?
The nearest large airport is Denver International Airport. From DIA, we suggest renting a car or taking a shuttle to Eagle (Drop off at the Kum & Go station just off I-70 next to AmericInn). For those renting a car or driving their own, 4 Eagle Ranch has ample parking (but we do suggest carpooling). We will provide morning and evening shuttle service to/from the ranch to the Kum & Go station in Eagle for those who need it.
Can I carpool with others from DIA to the Ranch?
The best way to connect with others wanting to carpool is to leave a visitor post on our facebook page, including your flights' arrival and departure times. Those posts can be seen by anyone else looking to arrange a carpool.
What is the appropriate dress?
Casual. We’ll be at a ranch!
Is my registration refundable or transferrable?
Registration costs are refundable through March 15, 2017. However, a $35 administrative fee will be assessed. Tickets are transferrable through June 15, 2017. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email Erica Denney at email@example.com.