Silicon Beach Fest - Hollywood (Fall 2012) - SPEAKER REGISTRATION
Thursday, November 1, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM (PDT)
Los Angeles, CA
SPEAKER REGISTRATION: Thanks for joining us as a speaker for the Silicon Beach Fest - Hollywood! We're excited to bring the energy from this summer's Silicon Beach Fest for a 1-day version in Hollywood on Fri Nov 9 (we'll return to Santa Monica for our full even-bigger Silicon Beach Fest June 18-22, 2013).
As a speaker/moderator you automatically get a SPEAKER badge which will get you into all REGULAR and VIP events. You can check the schedule where we have posted your name, title, company, profile pic and Twitter at
Please register as a speaker by Tuesday November 6 so we can
- Email you any updates / instructions
- Provide the name of +1 guest / friend who gets a complimentary REGULAR FULL PASS for Friday
- Add you to the list for the Friday night VIP party at Spare Room - Hollywood Roosevelt
Speakers/moderators can pick up your badges at Silicon Beach Fest Hollywood registration desk located in the foyer of io/LA (7083 Hollywood Blvd) all day starting Friday 8:30a-7p.
- SBF Hollywood sessions will take place at two locations at the same address: 7083 Hollywood Blvd (Hollywood near La Brea). Check the scheule to see where your session is.
- io/LA is located on the ground floor where you can check in to get your conference badge. Sessions here will be on the main stage with estaimted 75-150 attendees.
- WeWork is located in the same building - take the elevator up to the 5th floor and follow signs for the "Palm room" which accommodates 30-50 attendees
SESSIONS: Panel and Pitch
- We have one hour for each session and no breaks / lunches scheduled, so we'll need to be on time, prompt and quick with our discussion. Each hour session will include 30 minutes of panel, followed by 20 minutes of pitching and 10 min of arrival/break transition time.
- Panels will be run in Digital LA style: quick, covering lots of info, good examples, with insightful info and examples based on your experience that you can't find in an article or press release. No Powerpoints, speeches or video; it's all convo. Your moderator will send you some questions to think about in advance. Not every speaker has to answer every question (avoids going down the line), just chime in when you have something to add.
- Panels: We're experimenting with the Pitch Theme by adding pitching to make sessions more interactive, and instructive. 3-4 aud members will pitch 1 min pitches with quick feedback from panelists. Then panelists will pick their favorite on the spot to do a full 3-5 minute pitch. Be prepared to give quick friendly and constructive feedback to aud pitches.
Before or after your session, you're welcome to hang out in the Speaker green room at io/LA or in the lounge at WeWork (5th floor)
- Speakers / Moderators are invited to the opening party on Thrusday night (TBD) and the VIP party on Friday night 8-10p at the Spare Room at Hollywood Roosevelt (includes 2 comp bowling lanes from 9-10p). You are welcome to join the TechZulu Tech Crawl Fri night from io/LA to WeWork, LiveNation Labs, and Deviant ART 6p-11p
- Parking is not included or validated. We recommend parking one block east at the CVS / LA Fitness underground parking, max $8 all-day. You can also park in other lots around Hollywood. Hollywood & Highland is $2 for 2 hours with validation at the H&H guest services / information desk, max $10.
There are no included meals for the fest, however Pretzel Crips, ONE Coconut Water, Diabolo soda, and other complimentary snacks will be available at both io/LA and WeWork. In addition, we are working on getting some food trucks, plus there are many restaurants, delis, cafes, etc. around Hollywood Blvd.
- We've invited Forbes, PandoDaily, and other tech press to cover the event. In addition, if you'd like to schedule a press interview with TechZulu in the Interview Lounge at WeWork, or make your self available for any of the press covering the event email email@example.com
Thanks again for joining us to celebrate LA's Silicon Beach scene with Silicon Beach Fest! It'll be fun!
When & Where
Digital LA organizes networking events for online entertainment, marketing and advertising friends and professionals around entertainment, strartups, movies, TV/web series, music, video games, VFX/3D, including content creation, development, distribution, marketing and social media. Digital LA is the founder of the Silicon Beach Fest, a biannual startup entertainent confernece.