Join us at our Silicon Beach Fest - Downtown edition, one-day with keynotes, panels, and a startup showcase at CTRL Collective's Downtown LA location.
10a - 6p Registration Opens at CTRL Collective Downtown LA, first floor.
11a-11:15p Introductions and Opening Remarks
- Kevin Winston, Digital LA, Founder and CEO, Silicon Beach Fest founder
11:15a - 12p Welcome to Downtown LA
Leaders in downtown LA tech will provide an overview of the tech scene:
Startups, coworking spaces, LA City, USC, community organizations, etc.
- Jeanne Holm, City of LA, Deputy Chief Information Officer, and
Senior Technology Advisor to LA Mayor Eric Garcetti
- Karen North, USC Annenberg, Director of Online Communities Program
- Taleia Mueller, CTRL Collective, COO. Opened second downtown location
- Elvina Beck, PodShare, Founder CEO. Opened second downtown location
- Nicole Jordan, Radix Collective, CEO, Founder
- Rachel Horning, Startups in the Sky, Co-Founder
- Moderator: Amanda Coolong, Women in Technology Int'l, Board Co-Chair
12p-12:45p Keynote: Dirk Ahlborn, Hyperloop Transportation Technologies
Dirk discusses Hyperloop, which Elon Musk calls the fifth form of transportation
12- 12:45p LUNCH is provided by Clean Living Club which provides healthy meals, snacks and beauty products personalized to help you achieve your health and beauty goals. To obtain a 50% discount code, tweet @cleanlivingclub #healthysexyme
1- 1:30p AR Panel: Augmented Reality Applications and What's Next
- Jason Yim, Trigger, President. AR for LEGO, Star Wars, Nike, Hunger Games
Just won LA Auto Show AutoMobility Design Challenge for AR w LEGO Honda
- Drew Minock, Daqri, Outreach Manager. Sponsored White House SXSLawn
- Ben Conway, Vntana, Co-Founder, COO. HOLLAgrams for Marvel, Universal
- Philippe Lewicki, AfterNow, Founder. Creates AR, VR, mixed reality experiences
1:30-2:15p VR Panel: Influencers, Brands and Beyond
- John Canning, NBC Entertainment Digital, VP Interactive Experience;
Producers Guild of America, Chairman of New Media Council
- Grant Anderson, Jaunt VR, Head of Studio
- Christina Heller, VR Playhouse, CEO. VR for Jack in the Box, Red Bull, Pepsi
- Andy Cochrane, Mirada Studios, Director. VR for USA Today, Mr. Robot, GE
- Angela Haddad, SilVR Thread. VR stunts for Lionsgate "The Nerve" film
- Dan Levitt, Exec Prod of MatPat Game Lab. Won first Streamys VR 360 award
- Taryn Southern, host/personality; Tribe of Good, Founder;
partner with Samsung's Solve for Tomorrow VR initiative
- Moderator: Jessie Damiani, VRScout
2:15-3p CTOs of Silicon Beach
- Moderator: Erick Herring, VYNYL, CTO
- Jen Robinson, Awesomeness TV, CTO. Original Gen Z digital content
- David Arthurs, Laurel & Wolf, VP Engineering. Iinterior design marketplace
- Dave Gullo, VideoAmp, Technical Co-Founder and CTO
- Francesco Fabbrocino, FastPay, CTO. Finance reimagined for digital industries.
- David Subar, Meta, Interim CTO. Interaction and social sharing of holograms
3p-3:45p Live Panel: Livestreaming is growing with platforms, advertisers, and influencers
jumping onboard. Livestream video reports three times more engagement than
recorded video. This panel discusses live video trends, how it differs from
video, and opportunties for publishers, brands, influencers, and more.
- Shini Wark, Twitch, Senior Director, Client Strategy
- Judah Wiedre, Mashable, VP Advertising
- David Moricca, Socialive, Founder and CEO
- Lippe Oosterhof, Busker, CEO of live performance streaming
- Moderator: Ryan A. Bell, Summit Live, Founder
4p-4:15p Techstars LA, Heath, and Music w Executive Director Cody Simms
Techstars now has three accelerators in LA. Here's why they are #LongLA
4:15-5p VCs, Accelerators and Investors Panel
- Cody Simms, Techstars, Executive Director
- Justin Wolske, Grid110, Founding Member of fashion tech accelerator
- Scott Dudelson, Dodgers Accelerator with R/GA, Managing Director
- Noramay Cadena, Make in LA hardware accelerator, Co-Founder, Partner
- Moderator: Amanda Coolong, WITI
5-6p Startup Showcase
5 startups will pitch before judges, who'll select a winner.
- Mahbod Moghadam, Everipedia, President. Everipedia is the "Chill Wikipedia,"
as informative as Wikipedia, as easy to use as Instagram"
- Sumithra Jonnalagadda, Clean Living Club, Founder. Provides healthy
subscription meal plans for individuals or small businesses, and this SBF
- Fred Strasser, Swell, Founder. Social network for making decisions with friends
- Joseph Screen, Parkit is Air BnB for parking spaces and garages.
Won LMU Startup Pitch Weekend
- Ralf Rainer von Albedyhll, NextPitch, crowdfunding pitch events broadcast
MC: Gray Bright, Host of the Tomorrow Show, the late night comedy talk show for tech
Co-Host: Rachel Horning, Startups in the Sky; Kat Yalung, Bixel Exchange
- Noramay Cadena, Make in LA
- Cam Kashani, CoAccel, Founder
- Ravindra Kondagunta, Traction Labs, Founder & Managing Partner. Accelerator
- CTRL Collective will provide 3 months open desk membership to winner
- Digital LA provides 2 comp general admission passes for Silicon Beach Fest 2017
6-9p Networking Cocktails at CTRL Collective Downtown LA
8-10p VIP Cocktails at Preux and Proper (840 S Spring St.)
9-11p After-Party at the Association bar (110 E 6th St., cash bar)
Visit the demo tables including:
- Downtown Central Business Improvmenet District
- Junior Achievement
- Kluge, which designs SBF graphics
PARKING is not validated or comped.
VOLUNTEERS. Friendly volunteers needed to help with check-in, etc. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with VOLUNTEER as subject and we will send instructions. Volunteer for 4 hours to attend the rest of the event for free.
NO Refunds Substitutions or Exchanges.
Digital LA is the largest digital networking group based in LA, reaching more than 80,000 professionals weekly via its newsletter and social media. Digital LA organizes weekly panels and mixers for digital professionals, including startup CEOs, VCs and investors, entertainment including Hollywood movie and TV studios, music labels, agencies, video games, VFX, social media, digital advertising, developers, designers, marketing and and more. Digital LA is the founder of Silicon Beach Fest, the original and largest multi-day startup / entertainment conference. Follow @DigitalLA. Digital LA has been recognized by Forbes and the LA Times as keeping LA's tech community together via its fun and friendly events.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.