Startups are invited to apply to be part of 20-25 startups pitching at Silicon Beach Fest 2015 - Startup Showcase.
APPLICATION. Deadline extended to Wednesday, June 10th EOD. To apply, please complete the $25 application fee and fill out the required fields of this eventbrite with:
- Company name
- Name and Title of main presenter
- Link to your AngelList
- Short company description that describes what you do. Sample format: "XYZ startup is a [site/app] that helps [end-users/customers] do [key functionality]. Example: "Movie is a mobile app that helps movie fans get points redeemable for concessions and merchandise at participating movie theatres." Avoid vague descriptions like "creates innovative solutions," "improves customers lives" which doesn't tell what you actually do.
- Your current level of funding (boostrap, series A, etc.)
Once completed email a deck for review to Andreas Seckler, SBF 2015 Startup Showcase Producer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Startups should be:
- Founded within in the past three years (Jan 2013 - June 2015)
- Looking for funding
STARTUP SHOWCASE PITCH
- Startups will be asked to pitch their 3 min presentation (less than 10 slides recommended) on screen, with 3 min Q&A by judges. Your pitch should include slides on your project, team bios, revenue, customer acquistion / marketing strategy. Your presentation should NOT just be your sizzle reel / video.
June 25: Semi-Finals: More than 20 startups will pitch. Judges will pick winners to advance to the Finals.
June 26: Finals: Approximately 5 startups will pitch.
We may do a dress rehearsal on June 23-24 so you can practice your pitch.
- First prize winner will receive the title of Silicon Beach Fest 2015 winner, $5,000, and additional grand prize package. If you'd like to contribute to the prize pacakge, email email@example.com with SBF PRIZE as subject.
- Second and Third Prize winners will receive additional prizes and services.
BENEFITS of PITCHING
- Exposure at Silicon Beach Fest to VCs, investors, and audience/community.
- Inclusion in our post-event article write up and PR.
- The pitching team receives TWO (2) complimentary general admission tickets to Silicon Beach Fest
- Contact Andreas Seckler, SBF 2015 Startup Showcase Producer: firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
Digital LA is the largest digital networking group based in LA, reaching more than 80,000 professionals weekly via its newsletter and social media. Digital LA organizes weekly panels and mixers for digital professionals, including startup CEOs, VCs and investors, entertainment including Hollywood movie and TV studios, music labels, agencies, video games, VFX, social media, digital advertising, developers, designers, marketing and and more. Digital LA is the founder of Silicon Beach Fest, the original and largest multi-day startup / entertainment conference. Follow @DigitalLA. Digital LA has been recognized by Forbes and the LA Times as keeping LA's tech community together via its fun and friendly events.